• Tweets

• First I am sorry if this is in wrong section, I did try find  somewhere       to post this but  could not!   Has any one had an email   from  the tv people saying this?     Dear Customer, Today is your last day to remain licensed. You won't be covered if you let your licence expire. Your bank has declined the latest Direct Debit payment This payment is required for TV Licence number GBP 11.90 Overdue balance of: GBP11.90 Renew your TV Licence before it expires on 22 September 2020 to remain legally licensed. If you will not Update your Information, the service provided by TV Licensing may be interrupted. If you don't keep up with your payments, we may be forced to cancel your licence or pass your details to a debt collection agency.   Update TV™Licensing Now ? NOTE: You are be eligible for a 1 x 6 months of free TV Licence if you have received a notification about it. To apply for this offer, you will have to proceed by filling an online application relating your information.   Would you like to pay now? If you’d prefer to pay the missedamount now rather than wait until next month, you can do it online with a debit or credit card. Pay now Have any of your details changed? While you’re online, please review your bank account and address details and, if anything’s changed, update them where necessary. Check your details   Terms and conditions   |   Update your details   |   Privacy information This message, its contents and images with it are intended solely forthe addressee and are confidential. If you have received this message in error, you may not copy or use the contents or information in any way. Please destroy it and contact TV Licensing at tvlicensing.co.uk/contactus To find out more about what your licence covers, what to do if you nolonger need a licence and how to claim concessions for those who are 75 orover, blind or severely sight impaired, please go to our website When you give us your emai&#x6C; address, we on&#x6C;y use it to send essentia&#x6C;messages about your TV &#x4C;icence, such as he&#x6C;pfu&#x6C; reminders that a payment is due or has been missed. Sending emai&#x6C;s rather than &#x6C;etters saves us moneythat can go towards BBC programmes. However, if you no longer want usto contact you by email and would rather we send you letters, you needto let us know. If you have sight problems, you can get this information in Braille, large print or audio by calling 0300 790 6075. If you’re deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired, you can use ourtextphone facility by calling 0300 790 6051.     I have never paid   my license by direct debit and I pay monthly, I  have the receipt  for my last payment which was for £13.50!   the email is from  TV Licensing <maryellis@live.ca> I may phone up the license people later to find out!     Thank you   Sandy  
    • The CMA has today published further detail on its views on the law in relation to cancellations and refunds during the pandemic. View the full article
    • It's the date that the money became due to you - in other words the date when they should have refunded the money to you by  law - the date that you served notice of rejection.   You need to make sure that the total value of your claim falls short of £10,000 to be certain of remaining on the small claims track
    • This section includes presentations and materials from past conferences and content related events. View the full article
    • Browse: Benefits - GOV.UK View the full article
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Abbey Business Account - Overdraft charges

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4068 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have an Abbey Business account and recently hadn't got enough in the account to cover a few small DDMs. Unfortunately I was too busy dealing with personal creditors to take much notice of it, however I'm now getting sorted and organised again.

I notice that for each DDm they bounced, thay applied an "Instant Overdraft Request Fee" of £32 :eek: yet still bounced the DDM. I am going on the argument that if they are charging me an Overdraft request fee, they should be granting me the overdraft and allowing the DDM to get paid. Also the fact that they refused the payment caused some of the companies to re-present the DDM and the whole thing happened again. one even presented for a 3rd time meaning the £14 DDM has resulted in £96 in bank charges in 1 month :eek:

They didn't allow a £10 payment through but did add £32 in charges to be deducted and then charged a £15 unauthorised Overdraft Fee on top. Surely this isn't Treating CUstomers Fairly, something the FSA are meant to be hot on?

Is my logic skewed? Is it unreasonable to think that if you are charged an instant overdraft fee, they should allow the DDM payment to go through after charging the fee for it? Is it also fair to be charged an instant overdraft request fee, then be charged an unauthorised overdraft fee? Particularly when the £15 is applied because their other charges have taken me overdrawn?

I am now over £300 overdrawn due to a period of six weeks of tardiness on my part when I didn't get around to even stopping the DDMs. All of this overdraft is bank charges, every penny of it and it's growing as they add further unauthorised overdraft fees on.

My life is now getting back on track and my business is picking back up again so I need to sort this out to continue and progress.

“Bankruptcy is a legal proceeding in which you put your money in your pants pocket and give your coat to your creditors” - Joey Adams :D

Thread moved to the Business Forum

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.