Going Down

Abbey Business Account - Overdraft charges

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3759 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have an Abbey Business account and recently hadn't got enough in the account to cover a few small DDMs. Unfortunately I was too busy dealing with personal creditors to take much notice of it, however I'm now getting sorted and organised again.

I notice that for each DDm they bounced, thay applied an "Instant Overdraft Request Fee" of £32 :eek: yet still bounced the DDM. I am going on the argument that if they are charging me an Overdraft request fee, they should be granting me the overdraft and allowing the DDM to get paid. Also the fact that they refused the payment caused some of the companies to re-present the DDM and the whole thing happened again. one even presented for a 3rd time meaning the £14 DDM has resulted in £96 in bank charges in 1 month :eek:

They didn't allow a £10 payment through but did add £32 in charges to be deducted and then charged a £15 unauthorised Overdraft Fee on top. Surely this isn't Treating CUstomers Fairly, something the FSA are meant to be hot on?

Is my logic skewed? Is it unreasonable to think that if you are charged an instant overdraft fee, they should allow the DDM payment to go through after charging the fee for it? Is it also fair to be charged an instant overdraft request fee, then be charged an unauthorised overdraft fee? Particularly when the £15 is applied because their other charges have taken me overdrawn?

I am now over £300 overdrawn due to a period of six weeks of tardiness on my part when I didn't get around to even stopping the DDMs. All of this overdraft is bank charges, every penny of it and it's growing as they add further unauthorised overdraft fees on.

My life is now getting back on track and my business is picking back up again so I need to sort this out to continue and progress.

“Bankruptcy is a legal proceeding in which you put your money in your pants pocket and give your coat to your creditors” - Joey Adams :D

Thread moved to the Business Forum

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.