barclaycard visa debt sold to 1st credit ltd

nicbut36
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, sent off a letter to 1st credit ltd on the 17th august 2009, requesting copies of all my debits and credits with Barclaycard and a copy of CCA, they have received it on the 18th august,(checked with P.O). they only have until 29th august 2009 (am i correct?) to reply, could anyone also clarify if i can actually get my payments back from them i have paid, they do not own this debt, and i did not hear anything from the original debtor from well over 6 years ago, do they have to refund my monies.

Edited by nicbut36
update

6 yrs ago!

since you last made a payment or used the card?

if so...its statute barred!

they can demand nothing off you.

you have posted in the letter template section

i'll get this thread moved

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Welcome Nicbut....as Dx100uk has correctly stated if you have not made a payment towards the debt for at least 6 years then it will be statute barred, even if you have started paying it, the fact there is still a 6 year gap means it is STILL statute barred. - Send this letter recorded delivery - http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/599-letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred If you live in Scotland then it is barred after 5 years (but you need a different letter)...

6 yrs ago!

since you last made a payment or used the card?

if so...its statute barred!

they can demand nothing off you.

you have posted in the letter template section

i'll get this thread moved

dx

thanks very much for your help. i am actually paying this stupid amount, but not anymore, this debt is over 6 years old, and now 1st credit are threatening me with doorstep callers,and court action, being vulnerable i have now decided to ask them for a copy of the debt. and see what happens? thanks very much for your help dx100uk. good job theres people like you out there to help. cheers!!.

sorry what letter are you firing off?

i'd fire off the statue barred letter & also demand they refund any payments already made. smacks of FRAUD if it IS stature barred.

now just to tie up loose ends, how do you know it IS more than 6 yrs since your last monetry transaction?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

because i have not lived at the said address for 6 years, and not heard or received anything from barclaycard up until a few months ago. Does this still stand then? They even cancelled my card while living at the said address, and i had not used it for 6 months beforehand as i could not make the payments.

good enough for me, great evidence

statue barred letter adding a line demanding return of all payments to them forthwith.

go get 'em.

oh and watch it if you use DD to pay them. they have a nasty trick of being able to reinstate DD payments.

if thats how you were paying them.

cancel it via internet banking

good luck

sadly 1st credit are scumbags with demanding money on statue barred debts.

use the search in the blue bar up the top, type in 1st credit and have a read of a few threads concerning them.

i'd even go as far as writing a stern letter of complaint about their actions to the FOS & the OFT.

dx

and they