Anybody had any success claiming back Egg Loan PPI?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3415 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Yes:D What would you like to know?

When is it you had ppi on your loan? When did you make your claim?

I had it on a loan in Dec 2004, the loan top up was taken online, I am sure around this time the ppi box was pre-ticked. Also they dont give you the option to choose which deferment period you want (30/90/180 days), online they automatically give you the ppi with a 30 day deferment and dont give you the information or choice to choose which doesnt give the customers a fully informed decision or in my opinion doesnt follow TCF.

Do you think I have valid reason to claim?

I've had success but tinged with failure as they credited the entire balance due to me - £4800 of ppi payments, interest etc- against the balance of my loan even though I have never missed any payment and no arrears exist on the account. This despite one of their customer service guys actually confirming to me that any refund found to be due would be paid to me personally. I have referred to FOS to sort out. Egg are very crafty and will make things as difficult as they can for you in my experience but DON'T GIVE UP!!!:)

When is it you had ppi on your loan? When did you make your claim?

I had it on a loan in Dec 2004, the loan top up was taken online, I am sure around this time the ppi box was pre-ticked. Also they dont give you the option to choose which deferment period you want (30/90/180 days), online they automatically give you the ppi with a 30 day deferment and dont give you the information or choice to choose which doesnt give the customers a fully informed decision or in my opinion doesnt follow TCF.

Do you think I have valid reason to claim?

I won mine as it was a pre ticked box in 2004, it was a single premium policy, had to go to the FOS. Just won this month after 7 months!

Any opinion I give is my own and given without

any liability.

I won mine as it was a pre ticked box in 2004, it was a single premium policy, had to go to the FOS. Just won this month after 7 months!

What date in 2004 did you do the application?

I first wrote to Egg to say that I had been mis sold PPI as it was a single premium loan and I was not given the true cost of the policy (no interest amount was mentioned) and that there was no mention of it being optional on my credit agreement.

Their first letter was their final responce, I had applied online so couldnt have been mis sold. Go to FOS.

So I did and it was the FOS that said about preticked boxes and loan amount including PPI and having to opt out. So had not been treated fairly.

any liability.

I first wrote to Egg to say that I had been mis sold PPI as it was a single premium loan and I was not given the true cost of the policy (no interest amount was mentioned) and that there was no mention of it being optional on my credit agreement.

Their first letter was their final responce, I had applied online so couldnt have been mis sold. Go to FOS.

So I did and it was the FOS that said about preticked boxes and loan amount including PPI and having to opt out. So had not been treated fairly.

Was there a template you used to send egg and fos?

Did you need to know the amount of ppi you were claiming?

Did not use a template for writing to Egg, just said I believe I had been mis sold because ... expect a reply within 8 weeks or going to FOS.

The FOS is just a complaints form to fill in and quite straight forward.

You don't need to know any amounts when you claim but you might want to find out so they dont rip you off.

any liability.

• 1 year later...

Hey stush,

I also took my loan out online in 2004, did you have any luck with your reclaim in the end?

Just about to send my SAR letter off for the all paperwork, but I've got a feeling they're going to make me work for it :|

I didnt make the claim in the end...i shoud do it though! But i'm concerned they'll say its out of the 6 years now..

There is no time limit on mis-sold ppi

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I'm literally about to drop my SAR in the post but I've seen quite a few people on here who get a standard letter back from Egg saying they wont send the papers and cashing the cheque anyway.

If that occurs I guess I'll have to get the FOS involved, but it'll be quite tricky with no paperwork to get my facts straight!

If they don't comply then of course you complain to everyone you can think of OFT/FSA/FOS/Trading Stds, Uncle Tom Cobley & All.

Don't give up just because you think they may not send the stuff through. Get the ball rolling and take it from there and cross the bridges as you come to them.

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS