2 Defaults, please can you guys help?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just want to say thank you to everyone who posts here as all info shared is really giving me hope! By the way I'm new here so please be easy on me. (lol)

I have 2 defaults from 2006 (I was a care free uni student) and both have not been paid as I have just found out that I have defaults after doing credit checks. I never knew they existed as neither banks sent a default notice. The funniest thing is they defaulted me whilst I was setting up payment plans with them.

1. Abbey student overdraft owe- £857

2. Halifax student overdraft owe- £1100

I am desperate to have these defaults removed so my first step was to send a letter asking for true signed copy of credit agreement under CCA s78 and Default notice. I gave 28 days so am waiting to hear from them next week at the latest.

I am feeling down, spending day and night on this forum and reading up the LAW!!! My head hurts ouch#!

Please guys need help and support as I am desperate to clear my defaults just like the rest of us on here. :)

Hi,

Sorry you were missed. Not surprising considering the time you posted :)

Your CCA request, in my opinion was a waste of time as overdrafts are not usually covered by the CCA1974. Loans and credit cards are covered.

If you have charges on the accounts, I would begin reclaiming them. If you know exactly how much there is in charges, then you can do this without sending a SAR to the banks. If you don't know then a SAR is required. Unfortunately this costs £10 per bank.

As for the defaults, you will struggle to get them removed.

Did the banks have your current address?

If they have agreed a payment plan with you, I would keep it up.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

i also have two defaults on my credit report, one is with a mobile phone company for £20.00 from 2006 and the other is with black horse for about a grand from 2005. there is no outstanding balance on these accounts, but there are preventing me from getting finance. any advice greatly appreciated!

Hi SilverFOX1961, thanks for replying. Apreciate it. I'm so upset about what you said CCA not covered. I am devestated in tears! I have always lived at the address! We were making a plan in 2006 as to how much I should pay back each month and then all of a sudden their saying that they did not get a call back from me on that Friday so they just went on and passed the debt to capquest! This is unjust!