You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

goingstraight

old debt-name changed.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3984 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

ok first of all today i got a letter that was addressed to my old surname, i changed my surname about 15 months ago due to personal reasons, the only place that i havent got around to changing it is my work.

Anyhow it turns out this letter is from a debt collection agency acting on behalf of vodafone (i was with vodafone for a brief time and cannot even remember the debt in question) the amount is for 230 pounds, this goes back about 5 or 6 years and i have totally forgot about it.

What i want to know is how to find out if the 6 year barrier has passed without conversing with these people, and also does it make any difference that i have a different name to the one which the debt relates, even if i can vaugely remember being with vodafone? at first i was tempted to write on the letter not known at this address as it did look like a suspect letter, and i wish i did now lol.

As my username suggests i am trying to live a normal hard working life (i have had debt when i was younger but i sorted most of these issues)

Please any advice/ideas on this matter will be greatly appriciated

if it IS really this length of time since you even remember using them

i'd be safe in saying you have just gotten onto a phishing list.

i would totally ignore it.

there is nothing a DCA can do to you.

they have NO LEGAL POWERS

if you look at the letter carefully it will be littered with the words:

if, possibly, may, could, might, etc etc.

all worthless bluster to try an entice another mug to pay a debt that was most likely written off years ago or was never a debt in the first place

hth

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Thanks for the quick reply DX, thats made me feel alot better, when i get home tonight i will let you know exactly what it says.

Thanks alot.

Sorry for the delay mate, but yeah you were right it says all that crap that you said it would so ill just ignore it i guess.

Thanks for the advice.