You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

scared001

Abbey National Bank Charges

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3997 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

also on my to do list is.....

wrote to shabbey on june 23rd with hardship letter, not heard a bean, am i right in saying that they have 40 days? if so, whats the next course of action now?

by this way, this is a great site and if and when i do ever get some money back, i for one will be making a little donation!!!

Hi,

They have 8 weeks to sort you out.

I'll move this thread to the Hardship Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

thank scott. appreciated. what usually happens next then?

also on my to do list is.....

wrote to shabbey on june 23rd with hardship letter, not heard a bean, am i right in saying that they have 40 days? if so, whats the next course of action now?

by this way, this is a great site and if and when i do ever get some money back, i for one will be making a little donation!!!

Let's go back one step, do you have priority debt arrears(mortgage/rent, council tax, utilities)?

Are any of the arrears being paid off?

Did you send an income and expenditure form with the original request?

Where did you send the original request?

Did you send it recorded delivery?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

yes to all ofthe above. arrears with everything at the moment and very slowly paying them off. i sent a financial analysis together with a letter which was sent june 23rd.

yes to all ofthe above. arrears with everything at the moment and very slowly paying them off. i sent a financial analysis together with a letter which was sent june 23rd.

yes to arrears being paid off?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

yes, only minimal amounts being paid as cant afford much at the moment. mortgage arrears very heavy, behind with all my other payments too ie utilities, council tax.

funnily enough abbey just called asking me if i was in a position to settle my overdraft? no of course im not. i then asked them about my hardship letter and guess what....they havent received it so they say.....ive got a fax no so am going to fax letters to their complaints dept and demand to get things moving......

yes, only minimal amounts being paid as cant afford much at the moment. mortgage arrears very heavy, behind with all my other payments too ie utilities, council tax.

funnily enough abbey just called asking me if i was in a position to settle my overdraft? no of course im not. i then asked them about my hardship letter and guess what....they havent received it so they say.....ive got a fax no so am going to fax letters to their complaints dept and demand to get things moving......

OK, my initial feeling is that they may say no because there is money to pay the amount now plus a small amount towards the arrears however, as I say a lot on MSE, I do not make the decisions but I would not use a template to put your case, I will get you a link on CAG of one person who had a great Financial Hardship letter which might act as a guide. You need to make sure you have an income and expenditure form with household income plus notices of arrears on all utilities. Get them all faxed at the same time so that it reduces them coming back to you saying they are missing x y or z.

Ok, give me 2 minutes for the link to get you to a great letter in terms of its contents and structure.

thank you. i will do this and let you know of any developments.