You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

craigten

Me Vrs. Hilton Hotel-Please help?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3994 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, me and my girlfriend stayed in the Hilton hotel in london's docklands two weeks ago and really weren't happy with the room considering what we'd paid for. Please can anyone advise where to start making a complaint? Maybe go straight to the top, as in a Chief Exec? Or the Marketing dept maybe? Any advice greatfully received!!

What are your complaints?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

Guest wino
What are your complaints?

and did you voice any complaints when you were there?

Hi again!

Ok, my complaints were:

1, We paid for and requested a Riverside view room, when we got there they said that our room wasn't ready (even though we had arrived at the 3pm deadline for checking in) and the room we got had half a river view and a full view of the 'lock' bit of water with a noisy pump from 7.30am both mornings, plus a full-on view of a block of flats 20metres away.

2, The room was nowhere near as plush as the exact same room on their website.

3, when we had dinner there we went to look out towards the Thames and went to rest on a wall that was part of their hotel and when we looked down 1foot there was cigarette ends and broken bottles/glass, You may think us a bit 'moany' but you dont expect this from the Hilton and especially not the price we paid!

I did mention this to the hotel staff member when she phoned up to 'make sure everything was to our satisfaction' but she didn't really want to know!

I cant help but feel that because we were staying on a 2-for-1 deal that maybe they weren't too bothered by whether we were happy or not? Or maybe it's just me!!

Hi again!

Ok, my complaints were:

1, We paid for and requested a Riverside view room, when we got there they said that our room wasn't ready (even though we had arrived at the 3pm deadline for checking in) and the room we got had half a river view and a full view of the 'lock' bit of water with a noisy pump from 7.30am both mornings, plus a full-on view of a block of flats 20metres away.

2, The room was nowhere near as plush as the exact same room on their website.

3, when we had dinner there we went to look out towards the Thames and went to rest on a wall that was part of their hotel and when we looked down 1foot there was cigarette ends and broken bottles/glass, You may think us a bit 'moany' but you dont expect this from the Hilton and especially not the price we paid!

I did mention this to the hotel staff member when she phoned up to 'make sure everything was to our satisfaction' but she didn't really want to know!

I cant help but feel that because we were staying on a 2-for-1 deal that maybe they weren't too bothered by whether we were happy or not? Or maybe it's just me!!

How much did you pay?

You could complain that the service was misrepresented to you, but it would be hit and miss. You could also argue that as an integral part of the contract would have been for enjoyment and you didn't enjoy it, they should repay you for breach of contract.

Do you have a copy of the pictures provided regarding the room on the website? I suggest you download PrimoPDF from PDF Converter — #1 Free PDF Creator — PrimoPDF for free and "print" that evidence - and all other evidence - into a PDF file and keep it, as you're going to need it if you take the matter to court.

Do you have pictures of the problems at the hotel? That would be ideal. If you do, on your mobile or something, save those too.

I suggest you prepare a complaint letter - don't get into the legal bits, yet - and post a draft up here - minus any confidential information [putting xxxxx where confidential info would go] - and I'll try to proof it for you.

How much, realistically, are you looking for as compensation?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)