You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

mjr001

trying to open a new bank account !!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3985 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

i am with a major bank, who i have 2 credit cards with, i have just been made redundant and i am trying to open new bank accounts in case it all goes pete tong. i have not run into any arrears on my cards, but have asked them to reduce payments for a couple of months while i set myself up as self employed. i am trying to open new bank accounts in case i need to start going along the CCA route.

my problem is i applied online for 1 account which said at the end of it-approved in principle and the other straight after on the phone with the co-op who said referred to underwriters.

do you think both of these will be turned down. i take it referred in principle needs to be credit checked ?

any ideas

Mark

Hi i have 7 defaults registered on my credit file, however i still managed to open a current account with nat west which i was gobsmacked about !!! and a savings account lol whats those

Hi, Mark.

Not sure if this will help...............

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/58685-do-you-need-parachute.html

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

it was the nat west who i applied online for. not the basic current account but the one up from it. which account did you get ?

I have 5 defaults and couldn't get a bag of sweets on credit if I wanted. When I dumped my private dmp and their extortionate bank account I had to sort myself out.

HSBC do a basic bank account which incurs NO charges but it only comes with a cash card. After 18 months of exemplary account management they let me upgrade to a current account and recently even let me open a business bank account.

I also got a 2nd bank account with Natwest for a step account, it's for people with credit ref problems, unfortunately you will incur charges for returned dd/so's but it comes with a solo card.

CAB do a pdf help document on bank accounts for those with poor credit history.

Good luck.

I love CAG!

Hi i got an advantage gold account but then just dropped it to a current account, i get a cheque book but not with a guarantee card. I do get a cash card though although ive not used the account much yet only for a couple of cheques. Natwest did check my experien file too because ive checked. Bizarre i know not sure how i managed to get it

Hi

Yes you should still be able to open a basic bank account with the banks. They are likely to do credit checks but you should still be able to get a basic account. Have you tried Nationwide - they are always good x

Hi, do you know any banks that offer a basic account to someone who has just gone bankrupt? Already being refused by Yorkshire bank who are normally very good. Any idea anyone?:)

Try Halifax easy cash, Nationwide are good but they will never upgrade a bog standard account if you have credit problems no matter how good you are with them.

I have had to open two such accounts, I found it best to be open about having credit issues and asked for a basic account with no overdraft and it was fine

agreed in principle i assume to be the Natwest one - i got that one as a parachute account whilst going at Lloyds - the paperwork came through I provided the ID and it was opened. I have never used it though but at least it's there if needed.

I also got myself a Natwest Step Account, and since then I've been able to get a current account with cheque book from them. This is despite having several default notices against my name. Maybe you should start with the Step Account. You get a debit card and online banking which ought to be enough if worst comes to worst?

i can confirm that bank of scotland and co-op will open a basic cash account (with visa electron) if your BK.

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

The Natwest Step account is easy to open. If you do this online, be quick with answering the questions as the screen disconnects after a period of time and you will have to start all over again.

It is a basic account, no overdraft facility. If the account is handled ok you can upgrade it after around 6 months.

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Data Protection non Compliance

Witness Statements for Court Bundle

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

Step By Step Instructions

Remember: The Ark was built by amateurs-The Titanic by professionals.

Please click my scales if you find my advice helpful !

If your claim is successful, please donate 5% so that it can continue to help others.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.

Hi,

I was able to open a Citibank Current account with Cheque Book etc, I was still in an IVA at the time and had many defaults.

Hi, is anyone aware of any bank that would offer Ltd company account facilites to a discharged bankrupt - discharged dec 08?

i also need to open a personal account.

thanks