You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Tension

Can I still use my Basic Account - HELP!!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3990 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi. Just joined the fourm.

I have 2 Abbey accounts. One account (my current account) has been passed for collection to a debt collection agency.

Abbey are still sending me statements for by Basic Account. Can I still use this account, or if I use it, will Abbey try to take money out of it?

If I give them my new address will they use that information to recover the debt for the other account?

Please help because I have had no bank account for over a year now and it is a nightmare.

Thanks in advance.

I would imagine the T&Cs would allow Abbey to take funds from the Basic account to offset any monies they think is owed on the account they have sent to collections.

Have you got a dispute with the account they are trying to collect on?

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

No, I lost my job, became homeless for a bit, and everything went to pot unfortunately.

While this was going on, the account was passed for collection. I have no intention of paying them since I still dont have a job.

Cant get a job without a bank account, and I cant open a new one cos I have no ID.

hi i work for a bank, dont put money in the other account if you already have an account with the same bank in collections as they can freeze your account.

do you claim any benefits? if so they can be used as ID you can use any benefit entitlement letter from the goverment i.e DLA, JSA, TAX CREDITS, CHILD BENEFIT no everybody has a passport and driving licence.

any original document produced from the goverment with ref to a benefit claim with your name and addresse is counted as ID.

hope his helps:-)