You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• I shall take your advice and sit tight with all of my evidence.  Thank you for your help and I will keep you updated. Have you heard of them ever following this through to court? 
    • Thanks for getting back to me. We are based in East Sussex. I don't know if they are engage with their tenants I am getting details from all the tenants
    • Thank you. There are two possible routes here. You could sue DPD – and then they would probably defend and they would also counterclaim for the unpaid delivery fee. Alternatively, they could go ahead and sue you and then you could counterclaim for the expenses of the damaged items. It would be better if they would sue you and the reason for that is that you would be the defendant and therefore if there was a hearing, it will be held at your local court which would save you a lot of inconvenience. If you sue them, then they become the defendant and if there was a hearing then it would be heard at their local court which means that you would have to travel and plan the logistics of this. Normally speaking you can counterclaim without paying a fee but where the value of a counterclaim is substantially greater than the value of the substantive claim, when you might have to pay a fee. If you with the claimant then you will certainly have to pay the fee anyway. So I suggest that your best interests are served by preparing to be sued and then if that happens then to defend and counterclaim. We will help you. If eventually they don't follow through with their threat, then you will have to sue them. Whichever is the case, you will need to be well prepared and that really means that you need to seek independent assessments and evaluations of the damage which has been caused and the value of putting it right. These independent assessments may cost you money – but eventually if you win then you will get this back. So for the moment, start gathering your evidence. Make sure that you are fully prepared with your independently verified documentation and then hope that they will follow through with their threat and sue you.
    • thanks for the response   The items arrived totally damaged and our customer sent them back and we had to re make all of the items again. This cost was just over £7000. Yes we are on a creidt type account, I asked for the compensation on the problem delivery and they decided to lie and cheat and then close the complaint. we did take photos and so did my customer, DPD said they could not use them as it didnt show enough detail. this again is untrue.    The invoice we are with holding is £530  We had to remake all of the work as mentioned above.    I hope this helps a little more  
    • Hi I use Martin Lewis Credit club and if I click on the defaults they say ‘account settled’ and the dates range from December 17 to Feb 18 under each tab. It also states the name of the new debt owner now and says last updated.    Will that be the default  dates or will I find it elsewhere?         
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 10 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Paladine

bank charges claim company

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3997 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am currently investigating . due to my suspician that they are doing the dirty. To cut a long story short and to avoid double posting, I recently received a letter from them offering to take over my bank charges case, which came as a surprise given the only place I have ever mention it online is this forum.

Anyway their Letter of Authority has a declaration stating that the signatory has read and agreed to their Terms and Conditions and that they would be acting as Agents for the lifetime of the claim with full control including accepting or refusing any settlement offers.

However, no Terms and Conditions were sent with the letter and neither was there a reference for obtaining them. I am concerned people may be signing up with this company having never seen the Terms and Conditions in question which could leave them open to all sorts of problems.

I also have serious concerns about how they are gathering their contact data especially given they claimed not to have an understanding of the Data Protection Act, didn't know who their Data Controller was and didn't know if they were registered on the ICO Register.

So I would like to hear from people who have been contacted by this company to find out if they received a copy of terms and conditions with their letters (they told me on the phone all packs go out with T&Cs).

I will be discussing this with my contact at ICO over the next couple of days so please get in touch as soon as you can.

If a mod could sticky this for a few days I would appreciate it.

Alexander Hanff

Privacy International

Paladine vs Abbey (2 Accounts)

Steps Completed

S.A.R. Sent on 31st October 2006

S.A.R. Received 1st November 2006

Letter received from Abbey saying statements and microfiche on the way Received 20th November 2006

Received 14 copy statements for 1 account and 12 for another on 21st November 2006. Began prelim prep.

Request for repayment of fees and schedule of charges sent on 27th July 2007.

Next Action

LBA going out on 10th August 2007

Hi Paladine,

I have not been contacted by this company but I have by Cento Client Review, they called me on an x directory number and they knew all my personal details. Currently I have made a complaint to the MOJ and they are looking into where they obtained my personal data along with many other ways they are conducting their business. I do have my suspicians but no proof as yet and may have to call upon the ICO as if my suspician are correct they handled the stolen data claim back in 2007. I am fighting not only to get this information but I have many aspects of the way in which companies like this work and actually mislead the public.

I can PM you if you are interested in my concerns.

Thanks

Tuttsi

Hi Paladine,

I have not been contacted by this company but I have by Cento Client Review, they called me on an x directory number and they knew all my personal details. Currently I have made a complaint to the MOJ and they are looking into where they obtained my personal data along with many other ways they are conducting their business. I do have my suspicians but no proof as yet and may have to call upon the ICO as if my suspician are correct they handled the stolen data claim back in 2007. I am fighting not only to get this information but I have many aspects of the way in which companies like this work and actually mislead the public.

I can PM you if you are interested in my concerns.

Thanks

Tuttsi

Sure drop me a line on "a dot hanff at ethicalnetworks dot org", if there are a lot of companies suspected of this type of behaviour it would be useful to compile a list which I can hand to the relevant departments and push for a broader investigation of the sector. I have been discussing it with a journalist as well so if our suspicians amount to anything I may be able to get some press action to warn the public. I can't promise anything but I do have a lot of contacts.

Alexander Hanff

Privacy International

Steps Completed

Letter received from Abbey saying statements and microfiche on the way Received 20th November 2006

Received 14 copy statements for 1 account and 12 for another on 21st November 2006. Began prelim prep.

Next Action

Hi Paladine

I will send you an email with brief resume about my claim and CMC's etc.

I have also been interviewed by the BBC1 although my bit was not on the TV, they did a blog on the BBC web site and also an article by TNOW which was published a few months ago in relation to CMC's in general and how I was treated.

As you can tell I am actually working on this as it has really annoyed me and the horror stories that are emerging.

Thanks

Tuttsi

More information on Companies House (webcheck) :-)

Were called Moorsand Ltd up to April 08 and Dormant

Directors Belinda Doyle / Suzanne Mathews / Sonia Davies

Authorised CMC 22/7/08 - CRM12215

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

I received a letter from some organisation called i-Sm@rt , telling me that I have been in touch with them. - it starts "Thank you for choosing our company's Unfair Bank Current Account and Credit Card Charges Recovery Service".

There is a pack for me to fill in and send back in a freepost envelope.

I am not trying to recover anything at the moment - the last thing that I did was sometime ago, before the test case, and I did this without the use of any third party but the info on this website and I had a different user name then.

I have no idea where they got my name and address from (my name is slightly wrong, surname correct but goodness knows where they got the first name from)

Needless to say will not be using their services - oh and we have an opt out from getting advertising mail at our home address.

I telephoned them this morning and they said I must have filled in an online form.

OKas I said yesterday I was discussing this with a journalist who is particularly well versed on consumer rights. She agrees with me that there seems to be something fishy going on with these companies on a number of issues:

1. Where are they obtaining potential client details?

2. Are they registered as Data Controllers?

3. Are they reputable?

She has asked me to post her work email address to this thread so others can contact her. If you have had a letter from a company offering to take over your bank/credit card charges claims please can you email Dinah.Greek@incisivemedia.com as she will be investigating all the companies reported to her.

I can vouch for Dinah she is a lovely woman with a long history in consumer rights as a journalist and she is as concerned about these companies as I am.

Alexander Hanff

Privacy International

Steps Completed

Next Action

Hi Alexander

Firstly, did you receive my email?

I have telephoned the OFT regarding an OFT licence as I was concerned in particular regarding Cento Client Review.

The OFT have confirmed that definately they do not hold one. They are unable to take any action directly and suggest that a complaint is made to the local Trading Standards office if it is felt that they should have one. The Office of fair Trading cannot advise if they should or should not hold such a licence, this is a nonsense that they cannot advise.

They said I could look up on their site 'do you need a licence' and this should explain if one is needed.

Businesses requiring a licence

You are likely to need a licence if you want to and I have marked the possible points where a CMC may be required to hold a licence. Again it is very wishy washy and does not confiem exactly if they do or don't:

• sell on credit
  • hire or lease out goods for more than three months
  • lend money
  • issue credit cards or trading checks
  • arrange credit for others
  • offer hire purchase terms
  • collect debts
  • help people with debt problems possibly this one also for requiring a licence.
  • advise on people's credit standing This one stands out as requiring a licence.
  • administer agreements (but do not collect debts) for creditors or assignees This one also may require a licence.
  • help individuals to locate and correct records about their financial standing This one for me stands out as requiring a licence.

As far as I can see CMC's in general should be holding a licence, if they are doing the points that I have marked.

The OFT do not police companies who trade without a licence and they are not able to give advice on the phone one way or other. I found this very frustrating that a department that is supposed to licence companies and monitor them are not interested unless the TS take up a complaint.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge could advise.

Also, I checked on the ICO web site and Cento have a registered Data Controller. So it is worth checking this with the ICO if this is the case with Access Money Ltd.

Anyone who has a complaint against any CMC, especially for cold calling should send their complaint to the MOJ immediately as unless we complain nothing will ever change mailto:info@claimsregulation.gov.uk

Tuttsi