Calder Financial chasing Barclaydebt subject to DRO

blondie46
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter from these people this morning, saying they had been trying to contact me (not so, had no calls or anything from them) and that someone was going to visit me on 13th. I had no idea who Calders were till I read up about them on here now it makes sense!

I had a Barclaycard a while back, then got into financial difficulties finally culminating in me getting a Debt Relief Order. Mercers were then hassling me for payment, so once I got my DRO I contacted them, told them about it and warned them not to contact me again. I heard nothing more from them till this letter came today. I know I am protected by legislation now but why do these DRA's continue to hassle you for money when they know fine well you do not have to pay it? And, is this use of a different name, a change of tactics hoping I dont realise it is the same firm trying it on again.:mad:

I hope someone does come out next week because I shall take great pleasure in flashing my DRO in his face!!!!:) But at the same time, surely what they are doing is illegal, and is there no way of stopping this kind of action? I also have the same problem with Littlewoods catalogue. They don't take a telling either.

The man of my dreams is where he wants to be. If he wanted me, he'd be here ... :eek:

Hi

Send them both a letter with your DRO number and tell them to shove off.

If they do call tell them without opening your door to shove off or you will call the police. You do not have to speak to them, or open the door to them, they are just little low lifes with nothing better to do. Tell them it is harrassment and that you intend to report them. It is also tresspass if they come to your door without you giving them permission.

DG:)

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Hello Folks!

Just in case it is not clear, Calder Financial are just a Trading Name of Mercers, and Mercers are Barclays Bank plc.

Barclays likes to use different names to try and distance itself from the grubby end of its business.

Hold on!

Silly me, I forgot that all banking is grubby!

OK, make that Barclays likes to distance itself from the grubbier end of its grubby business.

Cheers,

BRW

Are there any letter templates that I can use to send to these idiots? Mercers know damn well that I have a DRO so why do they continue pursuing this? I have told them many times I will not pay and that I am protected by legislation but it just doesnt seem to make a bit of difference ....:mad: I thought getting the DRO would stop me getting hassled .....

The man of my dreams is where he wants to be. If he wanted me, he'd be here ... :eek:

My wife and i have now got problems with Calder.

Back in January my wife noticed two fraud payments on her credit card with Littlewoods. My wife immediately put in a stop of card and a fraud claim be issued against the account.

After numerous letters and 3 phone calls and 5 months we recieved the claim form from Barclaycard.

We sent the claim form back, and also we want to claim for all the charges that had incurred on the account. Now the reason for this is that my wife's card was in credit, always paid via DD and never missed a payment, she stopped the DD after waiting more than 2 months for the claim form.

By then Barclaycard had passed it over to Mercers, and now calders. we sent the claims form back to Barclaycard, but we are still getting the phone calls telling my wife she has to settle.

Now the issue here is that

1). 2 fraud transactions made on card - not card holder.

2). Requested claim form which Littlewoods. waited 5 months for form

3). Charges and late fees were issued on the card. this should not of been issued due to the card holders account in credit before the fraud transactions had taken the card over it's limit.

4). The card is now £194 over it's limit due to these charges and fraud payments on the account. We sent claim form off via Special Delivery and have a reciept and some one has signed for it at Barclaycard.

What is our next step

Hi Tiptopman

The best thing you can do is to start a threadt off of your own you will get more response and also not take away any help from anyone else.

With regards to the telephone calls send them this letter:

Account Number: XXXXXXX

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!)

Yours faithfully

Dont use your usual signature initials or type it.

Perhaps you should also report them to your local Trading Standards and the OFT.

If you've still not received anything from Littlewoods send them a letter to say that you have reported them to Trading Standards etc., and that you want all charges crediting back to the card and give them 7 days to respond.

Write to the low life Calders and tell them that they need to refer back to Littlewoods as there is a claim they have to settle.

By the way did you report the fraud to the Police if so include the crime number if you were given one.

Hope this has been of help to you.

DG

Just one more thing DG would you know the correspondance address for Calder

Off hand I don't know it but I can find that out for you tomorrow.

DG

Can anyone give me some kind of address please who i send the letter to regarding Calder ?

Thanks In Advance

Been ill last couple of days not been in work will be in work tomorrow so will post up address tomorrow night when I get home.

DG:)

Hello tiptopman69!

Can anyone give me some kind of address please who i send the letter to regarding Calder ?
Cut out the Monkey, and send the letter straight to the Organ Grinder, this is it:

The Company Secretary

Barclays Bank plc

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

Cheers,

BRW

Edited by banker_rhymes_with
Alignment

Thanks In Advance

We send our mail at work to:

Dalder Financial

PO Box 55

Liverpool

L32 8XX

DG

• dx100uk changed the title to Calder Financial chasing Barclaydebt subject to DRO