You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• @unclebulgaria67 your point is particularly valid especially in regards to loss in the event of a claim. Irrespective of 2x SP30’s or not the vehicle is insured for its full market value. The insurers rating changes based on risk against those endorsements, where said risk calculation isn’t made available.    Also I question the validation of 22% in premium. Is that based on today’s risk profiling, or is that applied retrospectively to day 1 and can that be evidenced.    One thing that is very clear, is that to bring about any degree of misrepresentation the insurer has to have evidence that questions were asked in regards to the endorsements.   This was an auto renewal and when I’ve checked the Brokers electronic Copy on “My Policy’ at renewal, there is no section included relative to accidents in the last 5 yrs or Motoring convictions. Everything else relative to me and the named driver is listed. 
    • Here is what exposes Johnson & Co Commission document, makes for sober reading   Wonder if Snake Oil Singham has read and digested it?   https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/brexit_files/info_site/com_2020_324_2_communication_from_commission_to_inst_en_0.pdf
    • Must be a positive if the Insurers are now using the legislation as it was intended. It is just that I have not heard of it being used for Car Insurance, as the 22% comes from the Insurers rating calculations, which is not available information to the Policyholder. With Home Insurance, if you Insured a Building for £100k, when it should have been Insured for £122k, it is easier to grasp.   The Insurers would have issued the policy documents clearly showing that no motoring offences had been included within the premium calculation and the OP has had 5 months to correct the record with Insurers before the accident.   Perhaps probe the Insurers on the 22%. Can they provide evidence from their Underwriting rating guidance that this is the extra premium for 2 SP30's.
    • Moorcroft are just a first DCA that Natwest use, after Natwest have stopped chasing it.   The debt is still owned by Natwest and is currently sat with Moorcroft, but in a pile with many thousands of others.   If your new postal address is showing on your credit file, Moorcroft would have sent letters if they thought this was a priority debt to chase.     
    • We signed up to a credit reference agency.  Got an email this morning saying a search had been carried out in my husband’s name.  It’s by Moorcroft who are doing it on behalf of NatWest. Do we worry?  It’s been over 6 years since last payment and we wrote to NatWest in January advising of our new address.  They and Moorcroft both emailed an old email address which we have access to but never use asking us to confirm our address.  We didn’t respond to it.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
ikonos

virgin media connection charges

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3994 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am having a bit of a problem with virgin at the moment, my services are disconnected to tel: incoming only, no broadband, but I am still being charged for them, I have emailed and phoned but to no avail. I received a bill on 27/07, but my services were disconnected from 09/07, and there is no credit on the bill, but when I phoned they advised that it was my own fault I had been disconnected and they were right to charge me for ongoing services that I do not have. Can someone please clarify.

Yes, they are within their right to continue to charge you your monthly line rental. I assume that you have an overdue amount on your account which is why they have had to restrict some of your services? If this is the case, as you have not upheld your side of the service contract (i.e. paying a balance before it is overdue) then they are entitled to restrict their services until this outstanding amount is cleared. However, this does not put the whole service contract on-hold as such, and they are in the right to proceed with the original service agreement of charging a line-rental per month. Doesn't seem fair from a customer's side, but it's fully understandable and legit from the business side.

That said, if you feel that by continuing to accrue monthly line rental charges you will not be in a position any time soon to be up-to-date with your account, give Virgin a call and speak to their collections department. They might be able to fully stop incoming calls as well and do something with your line rental to give you a chance to catch up.