style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The bailiffs turn up and you let them in. You tell them they can levy all they like , the fact is there is nothing worth selling at auction. They threaten all kinds of crap , but you say something along the lines as " I don't give a rats ass what you say or do. : I am not going to pay you anything at all regardless of the consequences. I would rather go to prison than give anything to you. I owe CTand will be dealing directly with them , so kindly do me the honour by ******* off "

If they saw that you meant exactly what you said , what could they do in reality ?

Light travels faster than sound.............that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

i tried this and the bailiffs walked away muttering i would end up in prison.

of course there was nothing they could do.

the arrears then got sent back to court and eventually all was paid in instalments to the council. If you wilfully refuse to pay council tax the court will eventually give you a custodial sentence. unless you have reasons not to do a bit of time that is probably where you would end up for a few days or so!

What I meant was that you would pay council tax direct to the LA , but have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the bailiffs. No matter what threats were made or what dire consequences you were promised by them , you told them to GFT. I can't see what they could actualy do , if anything. If they said they would return to take any goods that they may be able to squeeze a few quid out of , and you just happened to have a few of your mates around for a beer or two when they arrived.............................hmm !!! Interesting scenario !

Light travels faster than sound.............that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Why give them the pleasure of letting them in. I stepped outside and contradicted everything they said. They quickly backed down and left once they realised i knew my rights. That was 10 months ago. I haven't heard from them since.

What I meant was that you would pay council tax direct to the LA , but have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the bailiffs. No matter what threats were made or what dire consequences you were promised by them , you told them to GFT. I can't see what they could actualy do , if anything. If they said they would return to take any goods that they may be able to squeeze a few quid out of , and you just happened to have a few of your mates around for a beer or two when they arrived.............................hmm !!! Interesting scenario !

I had a similar situation only with a debt collector, I work as a doorman, also like my bikes, one summers evening a group of about 15 of us, all similarly employed and with the same interests were sat in my garden reminiscing over a mate who'd died whilst on his bike.

I am one of the smallest amongst our group being 6 foot tall and 18 stone. The DCA entered the garden full of arrogance and when he came around the back where we were sitting he left fairly quickly without broaching the subject of debts or money or repayments or anything really.

With a bailiff the rules are different and in my opinion, if they wanted to make a point, they would call the police and report a possible breach of the peace, then they would smugly do their levy. Saying that if the policeman thought that the presence of the bailiff would inflame the situation, they could (emphasis) make the bailiff leave.

I know a few blokes who couldn't hack it on the doors, but fell fairly happily into the role of bailiff, a role where the threats and violence tend to be more one sided. :D

I alsways regard bailiffs as being like that little sneaky trouble maker at school, he'd run up and have a dig and when you decided to dig back, he'd run and tell the teacher

what do you do when you are not 6" tall and you are a young woman who can just about afford to eat??

You tell them you are married to such a man , that he's been suffering from toothache , and any hassle of any kind would result in the bailiff trying to remove his head from his own arse !!