Malware affecting Internet Banking login

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Was at my mates place earlier, she went to login to her internet banking (typed in the adress as normal). The log-in page looked normal, expcept instead of the the usual security information (eg. enter the 2nd digit of your dob etc) there was a whole list of security info required:

DOB

PIN number

Mother's maiden name

Acc num

SC

Security number

Security word

etc

I thought this was dodgy so I went to the adresses of both banks i use and it was exactly the same.

Before I left her's I ran a malware/spyware scanner, it detected a few things and removed them. Now she says the banking login page is back to normal.

Seriously dodgy!

Is it safe for her to use the comp now? Anyone else had this?

I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, so please check any input I have for accuracy. And please correct me if you disagree!

Anyone using a pc to log into their bank account, seriously needs to make sure they scan their pc regularly for spyware/malware. I'm sure there is a thread about this somewhere, telling what the best software is free and available. I shall try to find it...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/179934-speedup-cleanup-you-pc.html

There you go.

After reading this thread, the pc should be safe to use.

From what i remember, most banks have a phone number for you to call when you have a suspicious site or email. As geoff1248 says, no one wshould EVER be asking for your pin number. Just as a precaution, I'd get your friend to regularly change their password for online banking as well, just to be safe.

let the bank know about this, in case there are others. It a nice thing to do.

Thats the thing - it was the same for every bank website I tried, wasnt specific to one bank. Makes me think it was defo Malware

I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, so please check any input I have for accuracy. And please correct me if you disagree!