You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

haggis1984

Malware affecting Internet Banking login

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3996 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Was at my mates place earlier, she went to login to her internet banking (typed in the adress as normal). The log-in page looked normal, expcept instead of the the usual security information (eg. enter the 2nd digit of your dob etc) there was a whole list of security info required:

DOB

PIN number

Mother's maiden name

Acc num

SC

Security number

Security word

etc

I thought this was dodgy so I went to the adresses of both banks i use and it was exactly the same.

Before I left her's I ran a malware/spyware scanner, it detected a few things and removed them. Now she says the banking login page is back to normal.

Seriously dodgy!

Is it safe for her to use the comp now? Anyone else had this?

I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, so please check any input I have for accuracy. And please correct me if you disagree!

Anyone using a pc to log into their bank account, seriously needs to make sure they scan their pc regularly for spyware/malware. I'm sure there is a thread about this somewhere, telling what the best software is free and available. I shall try to find it...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/179934-speedup-cleanup-you-pc.html

There you go.

After reading this thread, the pc should be safe to use.

So far as I am aware no Bank will ever ask you for your PIN number.

General rule "If in doubt phone the Bank"

From what i remember, most banks have a phone number for you to call when you have a suspicious site or email. As geoff1248 says, no one wshould EVER be asking for your pin number. Just as a precaution, I'd get your friend to regularly change their password for online banking as well, just to be safe.

Thanks skonk, ill point her to those progs

I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, so please check any input I have for accuracy. And please correct me if you disagree!

let the bank know about this, in case there are others. It a nice thing to do.

let the bank know about this, in case there are others. It a nice thing to do.

Thats the thing - it was the same for every bank website I tried, wasnt specific to one bank. Makes me think it was defo Malware

I think you're right, but let your own bank know. Their IT dudes will then inform the other banks as this kind of thing helps nobody.

Well spotted by the way!

Any Hint Of Malware Etc, Dont Even Try To Log On Untill Its Been Removed

Go here - Windows Live OneCare safety scanner: Free online tool for PC health and safety - and click on full scan.

Ensure that Windows Updates are enabled. Microsoft will download a 'Malicious Software Removal Tool' the first Tuesday of every month.