You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Dotgirl

Urgent legal help needed

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3625 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I'm not sure if anybody can help with this as it is not debt related but here goes.

Does anybody know where I can find the law that says

"In the UK, a man who feels compelled to urinate in public can do so only if he aims for his rear wheel and keeps right hand on vehicle"

I can find numerous references to it on web but not to the actual law itself.

I am trying to help a friend but cant say too much.

Thank you

Sorry to burst your bubble but it's not a current law, I'm afraid it's an urban myth that it applies to motor vehicles.

It was lawful once but It’s been repealed, the urination against the rear wheel of a taxi or public vehicle bus tram, basically anything that was once drawn by a horse, the driver could urinate against the brake wheel, (he could not nip off behind a bush, as there was a fair chance his horse would have on it’s toes, thereby endangering the public).

Basically the law is that it is illegal to urinate in public. The only exceptions are for pregnant women and girls (not children?) under the age of 6. These people are permitted to urinate anywhere.

In my misspent youth (16 yrs old) I was fined for peeing down a drain half way up a deserted allyway when I was spotted by the local plod, my summons simply stated :- Offence, Urinating inside Doncaster. Cost me £60 IIRC.

Sorry for the bad news.

Morph

Hi Morph

Basically the law is that it is illegal to urinate in public. The only exceptions are for pregnant women and girls (not children?) under the age of 6. These people are permitted to urinate anywhere.

Slightly OT maybe, and I'm not doubting you at all, well maybe just a wee bit. :p

I know of at least one town which has several circular 'pi55oirs' (about the size of a phone booth, or approximately 1m in diameter) which rise up from below pavement level at a time during the evening and remain up until some time during the early hours of the morning when they retract so that their top is at pavement level, thus forming part of the pavement.

These have 3 urinals situated around their circumference and are completely open to public view, not contained or obstructed in any way, in the main streets, and are fully intended for men to use for the purpose of pi55ing in, as their name suggests.

This is completely true and I am not taking the pi55, I have used one myself just for the hell of it.

Cheers

Rob

Does anybody know where I can find the law that says

"In the UK, a man who feels compelled to urinate in public can do so only if he aims for his rear wheel and keeps right hand on vehicle"

I am trying to help a friend but cant say too much.

Did your friend actually:

(a) urinate with his right hand on his car and his left hand directing the flow on to his rear wheel.

(b) get caught doing (a) by a police officer.

© tell the police officer that it was legal to do (a).

If so, I find it hard to believe the police officer could control his laughter enough to take down their name and details. Please let me know if this goes to court and your friend is going to stick to his story, I'd love to be there.

he was desperate and no toilet on route. it isn't funny as as a woman driver i know how he feels.

I have done it many times but never been caught to date. If you have to go, you have to go.

Just pay the fine and put it down to expeerience. Better still, keep a bottle in the car.

The look on plods face must have been funny when your friend told him it wasn't unlawful.

series3

If my advice helped you please click my star