Single Yellow On a Bank Holiday - HELP!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On the Bank of Holiday Sunday at the end of may, i parked my car on a single yellow line at a CPZ thinking its sunday, single yellows do not apply on them. When i came back to my car, it had a ticket on it.

I was pretty sure i was right in this case, so i did some investigating. I reside in Ealing so the first thing i did was go on the Ealing website and the first thing i find is,

"Do CPZs apply on bank holidays?

No. On UK bank holidays you may park freely within a parking bay in any Ealing CPZ without displaying a visitor voucher or parking permit."

The link is

Frequently asked questions

Anyway, i sent a them a letter saying it was a CPZ and that it stated on your website that CPZ do not apply on a Bank Holiday.

They wrote me a reply saying because i was not parked in a bay, the penalty still applies to ensure and i quote " the free flow of traffic and ensure the council meets its road and safety obligations "

What a loads of....!

The situation now, they have given me 14 days to pay till 10th August. blah blah and the usual crap until i receive Notice to Owner (NTO).

I do not know what to do. I really feel like appealing saying i was yards away from the parking bay, what does it matter. From what iam aware, the CPZ also applies to the single yellow so if the parking bays are being are not monitored, why is the single yellow! Grrrr. What a waste!

HELP ME ANYONE! SHALL I APPEAL OF PAY THE FINE BEFORE IT GETS ANYMORE?

Any suggestions, much appriciated.

Thank you.

a) Its a myth yellow lines do not apply on a Sunday, it's possible for them to apply Sundays only if required.

b) A Bank Holiday is a Monday not a Sunday

c) You did not park in a bay so the Council are correct the website does advise you parking on yellow lines is not permitted.

"Do CPZs apply on bank holidays?

No. On UK bank holidays you may park freely within a parking bay in any Ealing CPZ without displaying a visitor voucher or parking permit."

The only suggestion is to check the traffic order to ensure that the yellow lines do apply on Bank Holidays.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, you would be hard pressed to challenge this using the evidence presented on the Ealing website as this states quite clearly that this guidance applies to controlled bay parking (e.g. resident permit parking) only.

Parking on any yellow lines where the controlled period indicates a Monday will also include Bank Holiday Monday (even though this may seem illogical since Bank holiday "traffic" is no-where near the levels of a regular Monday morning).

I had to learn this lesson the hard way myself so I feel your pain!

I would pay before the fine goes up and move on I'm afraid.