Help with complaint please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 23rd July I sent a letter of formal complaint to a DCA. It was sent recorded delivery and was delivered and signed for on 24th July.

The complaint is regarding the DCA sending me letters theatening legal action for not communicating regarding a debt and for not making payments. I have been making monthly payments for almost 3 years to this DCA and have all proof of them cashing cheques. My letter of complaint was detailed and clear, I also requested a Statement of Account and a copy of their complaints procedure.

This morning I received a letter from said DCA, which I presumed would be in response to my complaint.....low and behold it is another letter stating that 'It is apparent that we need to start the litigation process to resolve this matter'. The letter is dated 31st July...a week after they received my formal complaint letter. There is no mention of the complaint I sent. However, their letter writer states 'it is my responsibility to progress your account through the litigation process, but also to assist and inform you on any query or questions you may have.'

Please could someone advice me what to write in response to this and also what to write to complaint that they are ignoring my complaint...if you get me! I just seem to be going round in circles...me saying I have been communicating & paying, them ignoring me and saying via computer generated threats you haven't.

Many thanks.

Do they have any right to collect anything from you at all? Have you asked for a copy of the credit agreement? As for your immediate situation with them, ignore them. They would look pretty stupid going to court when you have been making payments and they know it - these are just standard threatograms. They are just putting pressure on you to pay more and usually in that situation they end up with nothing as there is no agreement. If they had a brain they would be dangerous.

I get the same problem, seems strange to me with over 2 million out of work they cannot find some to employ who can read, but then perhaps those who can read are to bright to want to work for them.

I wish i could give you some sensible advice, but by sending it recorded there is not much more you can do. Needless to say they would never be so stupid as to follow through with their threats.

Other than taking them to court to get then to lay off, I can't think of much more. After a while sending letters to them is just like any other unpleasent chore.

I know we say dont call but I would be tempted in this situation to call and ask if they can read, and if they cant to pass your last letter to the 2 year old in the corner who is on Janet and John stage 1 book

Thanks all for the advice, I think I'll go for ignoring their latest threat. I did state in my formal complaint that if they did persist with their threat of court action that I didn't consider a Judge would look kindly upon it as I have kept to the agreement made and could provide proof of all payments and have copies of all correspondence. I suggested legal action under such circumstances might be viewed as vexatious litigation.

Mind you as you've pointed out they probably haven't got an employee who can read!

Out of interest if there a set time period in which they are required to respond to a formal complaint?

Thanks again folks :)

• 5 weeks later...

Consumer Direct when they receive your complaint they will pass it straight onto Trading Standards for you.

The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

Financial Ombudsman Service

How to Complain

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!