You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

parkingwoe

Correct bay markings - T bar

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3818 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I've successfully appealed a couple of PCN's recieved from the local borough council, relating to incorrect bay markings.

Perhaps you can clarify something though? If a group of bays is 'split' by a yellow line, and the group is not terminated at each end by a 'T' bar, does this make the bays invalid?

I'm aware of Schedule 6 of The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002, but this point is not made clear.

Beginning of bay:

attachment.php?attachmentid=11291&stc=1&d=1249295491

End of bay (one section):

attachment.php?attachmentid=11292&stc=1&d=1249295491

The remainder of the bays continue with a single bar at one end, and finish with a 'T' bar.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Woe :-|

cimg1043sm.jpg

cimg1044sm.jpg

So - the council took their time in sending the usual 'your request has been denied' letter.

This is what they said:

"I can confirm that there are double transverse lines at the start and finish of the set of bays in xxxxxxxx road... After the first two bays there is a loading gap indicated by a yellow line followed by more bays which end with double transverse lines"

I'm sure that they are saying it's acceptable to split bays with a yellow line without ending each set with transverse lines. Is this right?

Going a little mad in my old age!!

So - the council took their time in sending the usual 'your request has been denied' letter.

This is what they said:

"I can confirm that there are double transverse lines at the start and finish of the set of bays in xxxxxxxx road... After the first two bays there is a loading gap indicated by a yellow line followed by more bays which end with double transverse lines"

I'm sure that they are saying it's acceptable to split bays with a yellow line without ending each set with transverse lines. Is this right?

Going a little mad in my old age!!

What they are saying is all the bays are one set of bays with double lines at the ends, the loading gap is in the middle so the bays either side have single lines as they are not the end of the bay.

Received a letter from PATAS after I stood my ground - Croydon Council withdrew the evidence.

As a result - no PCN to pay!

My appeal was on the following grounds:

Schedule 6 of The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002 (herein referred to as ‘the regulations’) clearly directs the proscribed method for marking parking spaces on a carriageway to show the permitted parking (and indeed the restriction) in a given road.

I direct your attention to the diagram on the following page of this letter (taken from the aforementioned schedule) showing the necessary double transverse lines terminating each block of parking bays. You will note that these transverse lines are not present at one end of the bays in XXXXX Road. This is not a permitted variant according to the regulations.

The council would not accept this - the initial letter stated that the variant was permitted. This is not the case, and I encourage everyone to appeal a PCN received where the end markings are incorrect.