You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Good morning all,   I have an update for you all, shortly after my first hearing i was told i would need to have a rehearing with another company, Obviously i agreed but after the initial grievance hearing the person then asked me to enter into a private conversation, I have received the settlement offer and are disgusted as its not even half of my monthly  salary, I'm not sure what to do at this stage as i dont have the funds to finance a solicitor,so any advice would be appreciated.  
    • Sorry, but what does this mean?   Who are ARC? It would be helpful if you could be a little bit more clear about what happened. I don't understand why you are not simply proceeding against Amazon – because it is clearly their responsibility as it was their driver or courier company
    • I understand that you were involved in a contentious divorce in respect of which there was a bill for court costs – £850. You decided to challenge the costs in court and you lost and an order was made against you. We decided to appeal the order but before the appeal was heard, the solicitors made you a without prejudice offer of a 50-50 split – £425. You agree to this and you signed the document to that effect which you returned to the solicitors. Despite that the solicitors are now trying to impose the original £850 order. Is that the correct order of events? "Without prejudice" is certainly something that doesn't seem to be very well understood, including by solicitors. "Without prejudice" can protect an offer from being disclosed to the court where the offer has been refused so that it is not binding on anyone. However, without prejudice cannot be used to hide everything from the court – including wrongdoings, unethical behaviour et cetera. It seems to me that once you sign the agreement you effectively had a contract. I'd like to know a little bit more about the agreement that you signed but presumably it was intended to bring a halt to any further proceedings. I don't think there is any difficulty about disclosing a contract to the court in the circumstances. It is only the offer which was made without prejudice. Once the agreement was accepted and signed then the document acquired a wholly different character. It was no longer an offer open to be accepted or refused. It was a legally binding contract which imposed obligations upon both sides. In my view the solicitors have acted in a highly unethical way and I would begin by making a complaint to the SRA. I wonder whether the solicitors proposed the 50-50 split to you without consulting with their client and when they then contacted their client and told her what had been agreed, she refused to accept it and on that basis the solicitors recognised that they had made an error but rather than accept their responsibility and footing the £425 out of their own pockets, they preferred to get it from you. Of course this is just speculation but it seems to me to be quite a possible scenario. I'd like to see the agreement post up here please – that my sense is that you should complain to the SRA and you should tell the solicitors that this is what you're doing.
    • What's the default date? It should be on your Credit File
    • i point you to two threads whereby you'll see an explanation by andy (post 22 here) https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/410486-lowell-interim-charging-order-from-credit-card-debt-2009/?tab=comments#comment-4912902   and   https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/406428-remortgage-issue/   if yours says:    written notice of the disposition was given to XX Council ( - disposition = sold vis: disposed of) ..... notice means letter telling them it's been sold -    doesn't say it must be paid or settled BEFORE disposition..   that's the way i read it.          
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
steve76

Lloyds TSB ppi response

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3975 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi all

i sent a PPI letter to Lloyds in may and today received a statement of the loan ( started in 2007 ) along with a agreement form showing my signature on the agreement part and alson the insurance box BUT the small box above my name IS NOT ticked , the statement shows PPI being added onto my origianal loan of £2000 to the tune of £825 on the same day

any advice on how to go back at Lloyds ?

hi all

i sent a PPI letter to Lloyds in may and today received a statement of the loan ( started in 2007 ) along with a agreement form showing my signature on the agreement part and alson the insurance box BUT the small box above my name IS NOT ticked , the statement shows PPI being added onto my origianal loan of £2000 to the tune of £825 on the same day

any advice on how to go back at Lloyds ?

My understanding is that you have already sent a letter claiming the PPI was mis-sold ! is this correct ?

How was the loan entered into ? by phone, online or in a branch ?

The lack of a tick in the box is a positive especially as it is on the Consumer Credit Agreement supplied by them.

Does the agreement or the statement show separate figures for the Loan amount and the PPI amount and if so does the agreement/statement show the monthly repayment figures as separate amounts?

What are your reasons for claiming mis-selling.?

The more info you post up the better as it gives a better idea to caggers on the circumstances and how best to advise.

aa

Edited by alanalana
text added

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

the statement they sent shows the £2000 loan and next line shows £ 824 in PPI insurance , then the statement goes onto show what date my monthly payments were taken and the amount of interest each month

my reasons for mis selling is a) i ws never advised about the insurance ( it was done in the branch )

b) that period i was in between jobs so not in regular employment

c) since ive learned PPI does not cover back problems or stress , 2 things highly likely if was to ever have to claim

I will look into this in more depth later today. I will have some more questions for you as well on your latest post.

Hello to the 14 guests currently watching this thread. :)

ooops make that 4 ten have disappeared ;)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

hi

i sent a letter today highlighting the points above , stating the box was clearly not ticked plus never fully informed of what was included in the insurance and how it affected my positon

Hi Steve - I think you have to wait and see now

Lloyds did this to me - added PPI when I specifically said no - although in my case the box seems to have been ticked. They backed down at the initial FOS stage - waiting to see what they pay me npw

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

hi

thanks for advice , can you fill me in what happened in your case so i know what to expect etc

how long from the position im in now did it take before you contacted outside help etc

Hi Steve sorry for the delay - my situation is a bit different from yours in that the box was ticked. Until you get your reply I am not sure what else I can add

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

i guess all Lloyds tsb will keep on saying is at the time of purchsaing etc the advisor would have given all advice blaa blaa blaa , in a situation of my word against theirs what chance would i have !!!

Thats basically all any of us have had back and its always your word against theirs - In my case they conveniently ignored some stuff that was essentially me pointing out some notes on my record that were completely untrue they did not address the lying of their employee at all

If they do that to you as soon as you have your full and final get in touch with the FOS - they capitulated straight away when I did that. Its frustrating but they took that money off you when they shouldn't have you deserve to get it back and they normally offer compensation as well

The PPI Saga

how many times are they permitted to keep saying the investigation is taking longer than thought ?

seems to me all Lloyds want to do is dealy decisions until maybe you forget

how many times are they permitted to keep saying the investigation is taking longer than thought ?

seems to me all Lloyds want to do is dealy decisions until maybe you forget

Hi Steve:)

Tell me about it - we have been trying to get a response from LTSB regarding PPI on several accounts for some months now and have finally had to pass it all to the FOS as LTSB are either unwilling (most likely) or unable to help.

In one instance we have had to resend our paperwork five times because they refused to recognise their own account numbers:eek:

Good luck and keep at them!

Regards,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

it took me 5 months from writing to them about PPI but 1st response was a full refund + interest + compensation.

Remember they have 8 weeks after that go straight to FOS that might light a fire under them!

• Haha 1

hi again

today received letter saying sorry that after 8 weeks still unable to provide a answer , they say need another 4 weeks

can they do this or they just taking the urine ???

they can but they can't stop you from going to the FOS regardless now and their letter SHOULD have told you that

The PPI Saga

Hi Steve:)

I think the latter - it's what LTSB are best at:eek:

Unfortunately I fell into the trap of believing they meant what they said when they first tried that one on me. On two of our accounts they did eventually provide a Final Response, but it took them 4 months and then the answer was in the negative.

After 8 weeks you are within your rights to take it to the FOS, but if you haven't received a Final Response I believe the first thing the FOS will do is press them for one.

You would think that the intervention of the FOS would make LTSB sit up and take notice, but no - in one case we had (the one where they returned our paperwork several times as it happens) the FOS wrote to LTSB and told them they had to deal with our complaint. LTSB told us they were now acting on the instructions of the FOS, then proceeded to send back our paperwork again, then complain they didn't have it, then say they needed longer to investigate:eek:

I really don't know what to suggest with LTSB - they really do try to wear down your resistance - which is obviously their main intention.

I guess my advice would be that if the 8 weeks is up, file a complaint with the FOS - at least that way LTSB can see you mean business and the pressure is taken off you somewhat while the FOS do their stuff. Be prepared for a long wait though - the FOS are snowed under with similar complaints!

All the best,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%