Lowells Result~!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

SO after requesting my agreement for a deabt held with Lowells (orig CrapOne) I get a letter back on friday stating Crap One cant find the agreement due to the amount of time that has passed since the account was opened. They then state they will close this account and not ask for any further payment until such agreement can be found.

I am just going to send them a letter saying it is Statute Barred which I know it is.

Isnt it unusal for Lowells to send a letter like this!? they would usually chase the debt regardlesss to having a CCA :)

Anyway, it's a result.

But I want to ensure it is removed from my credit file or marked as satisfied. Can I do this? It still shows on my credit file as outstanding

The letter that you mentioned is pretty standard if they cannot get the CCA agreement, however don't think they will keep to their word and not contact you again about making a payment, these idiots don't know their asses from their elbows, you'll prob get more letters, but seeing as they have no CCA agreement, and it's SB then just file them under "ignore" - they are legally allowed to keep to pressing for payment, however no legal right to collect.

Happy days mate, you can send them a letter requesting you have any default data removed seeing as the account is now officially closed due to the lack of evidence in the form of a CCA.

hope this helps dude, enjoy your freedom! :)

Az

SO after requesting my agreement for a deabt held with Lowells (orig CrapOne) I get a letter back on friday stating Crap One cant find the agreement due to the amount of time that has passed since the account was opened. They then state they will close this account and not ask for any further payment until such agreement can be found.

I am just going to send them a letter saying it is Statute Barred which I know it is.

you should have just sent statute barred.

Isnt it unusal for Lowells to send a letter like this!? they would usually chase the debt regardlesss to having a CCA :)

no it is the very usual for lowlifes. the promise of account closed or on hold ,they will either continue to write saying that they are still trying to obtain.

with prob the offer of a f&f to resolve the issue.

or bid to buy back:rolleyes:

still chase for payment as they have a lot of letters sent out due to errors.

Anyway, it's a result.

wait for your next letter from them or another dca who they may try to pass it on and fire off statute barred.

SAM

How come this debt is still showing on your credit file if its SB?

i was thinking the same thing to be honest, cluttermoney will probably find out that the DCA have put the default up, however is it is in dispute, and SB then they have to remove this from you credit file. send them a letter TELLING them to remove this, if they don't report them to OFT.

Az

statute barred is from last payment.could be months after that payment that you are defaulted and registered and then it remains for 6 years.

but it would have been 6plus since payment.

my sister stopped paying welcome finance in nov 2008

and they have still not put any late payment markers or default on,so if they choose to default it this month it will be statute barred for 9 months and still show on CF.

same as have read people saying it is not on my file now so it must be over 6 years.

but a last payment could have been made months or years after default date.

SAM

Not to burst the bubble but, I had the same letter from Lowells re: Crap one. A few weeks later they wrote and enclosed the required document and how would I like to pay. The enclosed document was an Application form which covered less than half and page of A4. Since then I am having all kinds of threats from them, I hope you don't have the same result!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/198843-briefest-ca-ever.html

Edited by harrassed senior

Not to burst the bubble but, I had the same letter from Lowells re: Crap one. A few weeks later they wrote and enclosed the required document and how would I like to pay. The enclosed document was an Application form which covered less than half and page of A4. Since then I am having all kinds of threats from them, I hope you don't have the same result!

have you told them it is crap what they have send?

SAM