Strange situation with Sky Broadband, opinions please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys :)

So here's the thing, been with Sky for over 2 years now, but recently considering switching to O2 due to some really good offers at the moment.

Here's the thing:

When I switched from Orange - Sky there was a HUGE mess up, I won't go into details but essentially Sky has two systems apparently, one that takes over the line and issues the hardware, and another that sets up email accounts & billing.

The first system worked, the second, not so much.

So for the last 2 years i've had FREE sky broadband, in the beginning i chased them about it, lots of phone calls, and they kept telling me it had been passed to their migration team. I never heard anything and gave up trying.

About 5/6 months ago I got a call out the blue from someone at Sky, saying they had finally sorted out the problem, they wouldn't be back-charging me but would start billing me from next month and issue me paperwork with my account/email information.

I figured fair enough, i've had my fun, time to pay.

The letter never came, and I still am not getting charged.

Now if I was actually getting up to 8 meg speeds like I signed up for I probably wouldn't be complaining, but getting between 2 & 3 meg tops lately, but if I phone up sky to complain or ask, they tell me I don't have sky broadband as I'm not on their systems.

This is also the same when I asked about getting a mac code.

So what do I do? I'm also a bit worried that if I kick up a stink and demand a MAC they might try to back-date the broadband charges? even though i'm not receiving the full service I asked for.

Keep quiet billco - I would

Heh i'm tempted, but I don't have any issue with actually paying for a decent service.

As i'm not getting great speeds atm, also, I'm worried that sooner or later they are going to try to back-charge me....

I'd keep quiet too!

The thing is very few peeps get the full 8 megs anyway, its basically a reading that your exchange may reach

I dont think it's guaranteed :eek:

You're not paying so why complain?

Maybe a new router would help?

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs