General question on DCA's

mcg68
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5351 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a few DCA's chasing a few different debts. Capquest, Moorcroft, Wescot and Regal Credit.

One of the debts in particular has been through various DCA's and it seems that after ignoring their letters and phone calls for a while, they just give up and a few months later the letters for the same debt come from someone else?

I am assuming that if these debts were easy for them to recover, ie - through the proper legal channels as opposed to their bully tactics and red topped letters, then they would have done this a long time ago.

Has anyone actually been pursued successfully by a DCA and paid up in full and have they taken you to court and won? The law seems to be on 'our' side a lot of the time?

Would anyone disagree?

But when the account is passed between various DCA's then surely thats enough proof that they don't have any chance of winning in court - or they would have taken the court option years ago.

Do they sell these debts to each other or do the banks decide that DCA#1 aren't getting much of a result so they rap their knuckles and pass it on to DCA#2 to see if they have any more luck. The whole Debt Collection Industry seems to be a bit chaotic.

A year ago I was scared out of my mind by their letters but now I just tell them I amn't in when they call and ignore their letters and I have had letters telling me they will take court proceedings but never do.

Obviously if none of them have raised court action they don't have an enforceable agreement or financially it is not worth their while going to court. Banks sometimes place accounts with several DCAs if they get no result, sell them, DCAs pass them to other DCAs just to collect or sell them on - there is a whole load of different variations on assignment.