Sainsbury's Bank -v- Dilly2009

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have posted this in the HBOS section since Sainsbury's Bank is managed by HBOS staff and subject to their process and same DCA's.

In late 2002 I took out a loan with Sainsbury's Bank (attached as pdf). In 2005 I was made redundant and managed to keep up repayments until my current account provider pulled my overdraft and I missed two payments to Sainsbury's until I was able to pay them. In any case it was too late and they served a DN on me, at that time I had so much going on that I did not even open the DN letter (or keep the envelope).

I contacted Sainsbury's Bank but they told me to contact J&J Collections who were totally unhelpful and then I was thrown to the dreaded Blair Oliver & Scott (BOS) who I paid £500/month to (my original payments were £385.04), hence within a few months I was already paying the loan off faster than the planned repayment schedule. I continued to get lots of automated letters from BOS which they told me to ignore each time I called them to ask what the problem was.

In the end I made a complaint to the CEO of Sainsbury's Bank and the FOS who were useless. Their CEO had a customer services bod contact me who asked me to send them a copy of the DN (I did not disclose any dates), I sent the DN (attached) and did not hear anything back?

I then sent in a request for the agreement to BOS and did not get a response, they cashed the £1 fee though.

Financial circumstances changed again so I dropped the payments from £500/month to £10/month and told them, they did not seem too concerned. I have now been thrown to Moorcroft who I think will now litigate.

I am based in Scotland but have experience of the civil litigation process up here so just now need to know:-

1. Is the attached agreement enforceable?

2. Does the DN look legitimate?

They did refund some of the charges so a small % of the DN sum includes charges and late payment fees.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

**SEE DN Below in Thread 10 - removed bar-code - they can be read**

Sainsburys Bank Agreement.pdf

Edited by Dilly2009
Remove bar code from DN

Well The Default Notice Is Crap As Usual From Hbos

The Default Has To Give 14 Days Plus 2 For Service To Rectify The Breach

Dont Tell Them This

This Only Works If A Court Claim Is Brought Against You

All You Would Be Liable For Are The Arrears Up To The Date Of The Notice

Thats All

Nothing Else

• Haha 1

On The Sainsbury Letter, What Was The Date Of The Letter And The Date Payment Had To Be Made To Rectify The Breach

Hi postggj

The letter was dated 04/10/2005 and the Date to remedy was before 14/10/2005.

Thanks

Well The Default Notice Is Crap As Usual From Hbos

The Default Has To Give 14 Days Plus 2 For Service To Rectify The Breach

Dont Tell Them This

This Only Works If A Court Claim Is Brought Against You

All You Would Be Liable For Are The Arrears Up To The Date Of The Notice

Thats All

Nothing Else

Even back in 2005?

Ok, the DN can wait, though thanks to postggj for spotting my silly mistake............

Thanks to BRW (very sharp eye indeed) it now transpires:

My Sainsbury's Bank agreement for a £25 K loan over 7 years states the total charge for credit at £7,343.36 and monthly repayments of £385.04 - however this calculates for an APR of 7.7% and NOT 7.4% as stated in my agreement.

Q: Is 0.3% significant and what is the actual monetary difference?

Using the agreed loan APR rate of 7.4% (through 2 different calculation methods):

The total charge for credit should have been £6,859.41 which equates to a monthly repayment fee of £379.27.

Hence over the loan period of 7 years I would have paid them an EXTRA £483.95 or 6.5% over the real charge for credit (and its a bigger number!).

This obviously also has a bearing on the DN which must also be incorrect by definition, to what extent I will now calculate what the real default sum should have been.

$M Question:- Is the above reason enough to argue that the agreement is invalid?

I would appreciate comments and advice, this has not yet gone to litigation.............but is likely to! I can feel another writ in the air:eek:

My calculation using the correct payments of £379.27/month from the start of the loan to default would give a default sum of £715.66 rather than the £823.09 demanded. A difference of £107.43.

Any thoughts on the defence for this one?

• Haha 1

Ok, the DN can wait, though thanks to postggj for spotting my silly mistake............

Thanks to BRW (very sharp eye indeed) it now transpires:

My Sainsbury's Bank agreement for a £25 K loan over 7 years states the total charge for credit at £7,343.36 and monthly repayments of £385.04 - however this calculates for an APR of 7.7% and NOT 7.4% as stated in my agreement.

Using the agreed loan APR rate of 7.4% (through 2 different calculation methods):

The total charge for credit should have been £6,859.41 which equates to a monthly repayment fee of £379.27.

Hence over the loan period of 7 years I would have paid them an EXTRA £483.95 or 6.5% over the real charge for credit (and its a bigger number!).

This obviously also has a bearing on the DN which must also be incorrect by definition, to what extent I will now calculate what the real default sum should have been.

$M Question:- Is the above reason enough to argue that the agreement is invalid?

I would appreciate comments and advice, this has not yet gone to litigation.............but is likely to! I can feel another writ in the air:eek:

Are there any similar cases with incorrect API's?

Does anyone know of any other cases where the APR/Total Charge for credit is incorrect?

My Sainsbury's Bank agreement for a £25 K loan over 7 years at 7.4% and states the total charge for credit at £7,343.36 and monthly repayments of £385.04 - however this calculates for an APR of 7.7% and NOT 7.4% as stated in my agreement.