Vauxhall Warranty Issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya, just wondering if anyone can give me some advice please.

Bought a Vauxhall Astra 3 years ago, which came with a 3 year warranty. Had it serviced just before the warranty expired.

3 months after, I've had a failure with the breaks, which has resulted in me purchasing a £300 part.

The dealer said there was nothing they could do about it falling just outside the warranty period. Which to be honest is fair enough, but surely they would have known about this issue when it was in for a service, as I find it hard to believe that the part would just fail now.

Any advice as to actions I can take to try and recover some of the money?

Hey there,

Just going on my own experience here. Depends what part it is thats failed, 9/10 "services" only include a "visual inspection of braking systems" which basically means they look at the discs/pads and tell you if they are worn, also brake cables but not much more than that.

Is the warranty with vauxhall? Or with another car dealer?

Did you have the services carried out by a vauxhall dealer?

A lot of main dealerships are clamping down on "goodwill" gestures lately, due to recession and what not, if you had a Vauxhall warranty but had it serviced outside of main dealerships, they won't be interested.

If you did however, speak to Vauxhall main customer services, explain the situation and see if they would be willing to make some kind of goodwill gesture. There was a time when this would be commonplace, but its harder to find these days ;(