Shelbob....NHS staff bank, advice please.

Shelbob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiii!!! How are you all?? I just come on to see if anyone could give me a bit of advice?! Ive just completed 3 years at college doing hairdressing but then decided that wasnt what i would really want to do so i decided on midwifery or nursing...Im currently working in a residential home which i have done for the past 15 months. Although i have taken a year out of studying i have been informed that those who want to become nurses or work in that sort of medical sector can actually work as bank staff in the hospitals as abit of extra training. Is this true?

x

Hello and Welcome, Shelbob.

I'll move your post and mine to start a new thread for you :)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

There will be a bank office in one of your local hospitals probably, just phone the hospital switchboard and ask for the number, but normally where I work they advertise for bank the same as any other job, so might not be swelling the bank numbers at the moment unless they are advertising for bank staff. The process of joining the bank is exactly the same as a full time job, so as well as an application you will be interviewed and if accepted will have to do two or three induction days or mandatory training days before you can actually start work.

Hi Shelbob,

You say that you are working in a residential home is that as a Nursing Assistant/ Health Care Assistant?

You say you have taken a year out of studying what for? as you say you have completed your hairdressing course.

If you want to do your nursing get a job in a hospital as a Nursing Assistant/Health Care Assistant and you should get the chances to do NVQ training. This will all give you a great insight into the world of nursing and help you get a place to do your training.

Bank work will mean that you will work where ever you are needed. You may find it better to find your feet working in one area for a while.

You can still work bank shifts when you start your training to top up the finances!

Wish you lots of luck. Nursing is a great career and can take you all over the world. I have been doing it for many years now and my daughter has just got a place to do her Adult nursing after working as a Health Care Assistant for the last year on a Stroke Rehabilitation ward in a General Hospital. I haven't put her off after all these years!!!

Good Luck

Night Owl

• Haha 1

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

• 2 weeks later...