Forced out of my job now getting bad reference

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I hope someone can help me please. I work in child care and about 6 months ago I had a job at a nursery. Because I also needed somewhere to live too, my boss was letting me stay with her (I was paying rent). Looking back this wasnt such a good idea. Our personal relationship became strained from living under the same roof and in the end she pretty much had it in for me and started making my life hell at work. She found little things to pull me up on, and eventually sacked me.

Im now finding it really hard to get another job in child care. Obviously other employers want references, and I have to either not tell them about the old place I worked (in which case it looks like I have no experience) or tell them and try to explain the reasons why I left and usually they dont believe me.

I spent about 4 weeks on the dole before I finally managed to get a job in a supermarket. I feel like my career has been ruined.

Is there anything I can do please?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi I hope someone can help me please. I work in child care and about 6 months ago I had a job at a nursery. Because I also needed somewhere to live too, my boss was letting me stay with her (I was paying rent). Looking back this wasnt such a good idea. Our personal relationship became strained from living under the same roof and in the end she pretty much had it in for me and started making my life hell at work. She found little things to pull me up on, and eventually sacked me.

Im now finding it really hard to get another job in child care. Obviously other employers want references, and I have to either not tell them about the old place I worked (in which case it looks like I have no experience) or tell them and try to explain the reasons why I left and usually they dont believe me.

I spent about 4 weeks on the dole before I finally managed to get a job in a supermarket. I feel like my career has been ruined.

Is there anything I can do please?

Did anyone actually offer you a job subject to references and then tell you that the previous employer had given you a bad reference?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

How long had you worked there for before the Incident? How long had you been in Child care? (so to speak ;))

Did they Offer you an Appeal? (it should be written as part of the Dismissal letter) and Did you appeal your dismissal?