You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• I thank the Consumer Action Group Members for getting me this far in my case which is still in progress.   Situation: The Court has reversed earlier permission for me to rely on witness summaries.    The question upon which I am seeking help, please,  is - do I need to bother myself as to why the Court has reversed permission to rely on witness summaries?  If so, what line of logic or law can might I follow because clearly, the Court has said one thing and then another a few weeks later, of its own motion, the Court has reversed the earlier decision. I find this development quite extraordinary in the sense that as a result of being granted permission earlier, I served the three Witness Summons which had the Court stamp.   Background Having given me permission to serve 'Witness Summons' which I served on 3 hostile witnesses several weeks ago, the Court has now reversed it's earlier decision, and refused me permission to rely on 'witness summaries' pursuant to paragraph 32.9(2), citing that I have not shown steps taken to obtain witness statements from the 3 hostile witnesses.  I however, made two attempts to talk to the hostile witnesses who have been non responsive and I can evidence this.   I would be immensely grateful for some steer from Forum Members, please.
    • Pubs all seem to be doing a roaring trade around here. It does make me feel uncomfortable but At least they are finally making some money. Our area, the South West never really got hit badly by the pandemic. Wiltshire has regularly seeing zero confirmed cases and deaths. So we will have to see how opening pubs really pans out!     
    • Thanks for filling in the forum sticky and well done on reading up.  The more info. we all take in, the more we know what the real legal position is and how to fight sharks like CEL.   As you'll have seen, CEL are one of the most dishonest and greediest of the PPCs.  If you had indisputable proof that your car was on Mars at the time, they'd find a way to reject your appeal!  Sadly POPLA has become more & more useless, as your experience shows.  Instead of managing the car park in a professional manner, it's highly likely that CEL don't illuminate the signs at night deliberately in order to catch out motorists like yourself.   The good news is that the only person who can make you pay this "debt" is a judge, after a court case.  So from now on ignore any begging letters from CEL and/or their rent-a-threat DCAs, but do not ignore a Letter Before Action/Claim which is a formal notice of intention to start court proceedings.  However, don't waste your time while ignoring them, build a case.  Like dx says, look up the planning permission.  If the KFC is local to you, go back in the evening and get pix of their pathetic signage.  Please post up what you wrote in your appeal too.   As a belt & braces approach, get on to KFC and demand they cancel the ticket.  Show all the proof you were a genuine customer and point out that you stayed an extra 19 minutes because you were consuming more food & drink!  However, what we often find is that the bod who runs the local branch often doesn't have much power, so don't faff around.  If the local branch don't cancel within 48 hours get on to to the area manager, and if you get no joy there in 48 hours go to CEO level.   It's highly likely that if you had complained to KFC straight away and ignored CEL's kangaroo court procedure that the matter would have been resolved there & then, but hey, what is done is done and you still have a great chance of seeing off these fleecers.
    • if you are twisting sideways to takaway pubs? rather than opening pubs as you initially referred   ... thats always been cheaper at off licences and supermarkets isn't it, and rather defeats the point of pubs, and restaurants?   WHAT are you actually saying/claiming/suggestion if anything?
    • They have got a plan https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/restaurants-offering-takeaway-or-delivery   It seems pretty clear to me.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
SOD'EM

Today I Will Be Mostly Eating..........(The Farmer Jethro Thread)

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3980 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

If you have ever seen The Fast Show (It doesn't matter if you haven't), you will be aware of Farmer Jethro (The Country Bumpkin).

Anyway, he lets the viewers know what he will be eating that day by starting with the statement:-

"Today I will be mostly eating"

So why not share your culinary delights (or nightmares) here in The Bear Garden with all of us.

It could be something you are actually eating. Something you will be eating later. Or indeed, something you feel like eating but just can't get your hands on it.

If someone else fancies what you're having, they can simply invite themselves round to yours for tea:wink:.

For all you Mrs Buckets out there (Posh Peeps) who actually get out of the bath to have a wee, and have fruit in the house when nobody is ill, and can afford more than one meal a day:p, then make the rest of us jealous.

We can even share any good recipes we may have (Although my famous Beans on Toast is probably not a masterpiece).

I am putting on weight just typing this:???:.

I am going to start.

"Today, I will be mostly eating..........Bachelor's Chicken And Mushroom Pasta 'n' Sauce."

So what will you be mostly eating today?

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Today I will be mostly eating Tamiflu :(

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Sorry to hear that Mr Lex, my six year old started his prescription on Friday:(.

No doubt, our whole family will get it soon.

Get Well Soon.

No doubt, our whole family will get it soon.

'fraid so, Mrs Lex brought it home from work for me :).

I hope your 6 year old hasn't got it to bad :(

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

&

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I've just finished off the prawn crackers from last night's Chinese Takewawy and today will be eating chicken filets wrapped in bacon with the remains of the bottle of white wine from last night...

Just off to the shops to get some cleaning stuff and back home for a cupboard clear out.

If i don't get to the shop it will be fresh air pie :eek:

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

If i don't get to the shop it will be fresh air pie :eek:

At least you have pastry Tilly.

Voddy pie sounds good:p

Now there's a thought :p voddy pie sg's voddy turkish delight and a voddy smoothie :D

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

Thia fishcakes and new potatoes

Lots of chicken dinners as Mrs locutus has decided to eat out AFTER I've made dinner for 5 :p

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Spag Bol... :rolleyes:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'Simples.' ;)

Any advice I offer is probably useless but there may be little nuggets of gold in there somewhere......If I have helped in any way, be it with knowledge or by giving your chuckle muscle some exercise please feel free to tip my scales....:-D

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

wife got some tiger bread and tiger paw rolls , now i'm in trouble done the rolls and stuck into the loaf , then didnt want any dinner

dam that Asda's, the tiger bread is always warm and the just the smell of it make you hungry, looks like my dinner wil be in the dogs shortly

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

Mmm tiger bread... scrummy.

I'm eating a yoghurt now that 'expired' a few days ago so if I'm not around tomorrow..........:eek:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'Simples.' ;)

Any advice I offer is probably useless but there may be little nuggets of gold in there somewhere......If I have helped in any way, be it with knowledge or by giving your chuckle muscle some exercise please feel free to tip my scales....:-D

We just got a pizza delivery from an Indian Take Away:confused:

wife got some tiger bread and tiger paw rolls , now i'm in trouble done the rolls and stuck into the loaf , then didnt want any dinner

dam that Asda's, the tiger bread is always warm and the just the smell of it make you hungry, looks like my dinner wil be in the dogs shortly

Tiger Bread.....mummmm

&

Oh no, it is a good job it is Sunday otherwise I would have popped out to Asda for some tiger bread.

I had a Balti for tea, was lovely.

we had a pizza hut, they mucked up the order and haggled for 3 extra starters and a couple of bottles of juice

;)today I shall be mostly eating.

thats what I do most day anyway!

Today, I will be mostly eating.........

Barbecue spare ribs, new potatoes and corn on the cob with lashings of butter:D.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice. Sod the calories:p

MMMMM for tea tonight my significant other is making Thai prawn yellow curry with noodles...its scrummy!!!!! We will be washing it down with some tsing tsau beer and for pud we have this absolutely but devilishly calorific pud called caramel creme pot.

You take a tin of condensed milk and simmer unopened in a pan of water for three hours (taking care to keep an eye on it, dont let it boil and evaporate completely and turn it upside down halfway through)...it makes the most wonderful caramel (or for an extra 60p some supermarkets are selling it already caramalised) you mix a tin of dairy custard into it, then whisk half a pint of double cream until it is thick but not stiff and add them together.....layer it up with sultanas soaked in sherry/brandy/whisky (whatever your fave tipple) and broken up brandy snaps. Its the most unctious and delicious pud but my god its fattening..we only have it on special occasions...(the occasion tonight is we havent had if for more than three weeks lol )

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

What time shall I gat there Monx?:p

Lol...theres not enough for you....lol not that im greedy or anything ;)

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

apr11gal57.jpg

Not even a doggy bag?

I'm tired of the same old thing:p

Pmsl

:lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'Simples.' ;)

OK youve twisted my arm..you can join us for dinner! But just you, the portion size is ok devided by three...not sure I could bear it if they went any smaller lol :D