Tracing someone

kregrs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1st of all, if this is in the wrong forum, feel free to move.

I'd like to try and find someone, but after trying various different avenues I've had no luck. I've tried telephone directory, networking sites and google etc, what other ways are there? Can you still look on electoral roll?

I've also tried previous address. Assuming I do find them, the next problem is how to contact them. I know the obvious way is to phone or write a letter, but I haven't got a clue what to say. I guess a bit of an explanation might help here. 26yrs ago my mum died, at the time she was engaged to someone who was the 1st father figure I really had. I know he's now married with kids of his own, the last time I had any contact whatsoever was in 1985, and I'd really like to get in touch again.

Anyway, any idea's anyone?

There is a site called look up people that holds current electoral roll details and telephone numbers - however there is a subscription, most of these types of sites do charge. It's virtually impossible to to find out people's details online without paying for it, and if anyone else does know of a free search site I would love to know myself :).

Best of luck with your search.

Is there a chance that he lives in a specific area? I was just thinking that you could put an ad in local papers (or enquire through their letters pages) or maybe on Gumtree (but prepare to receive spam). It's a longshot I know.

Best of luck - I hope it works out.