Tiscali NOT taking out direct deposit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been signed up for a Tiscali broadband account for a year. I want to cancel it and move to another provider (I'm moving house).

When I signed up with Tiscali I provided them with my banking details so that they could withdraw the monthly charge directly. They have never done so! This would also explain why I never received a paper statement from them either. Nevertheless I have had broadband all this time and did receive the router/modem from them.

I am rather nervous now. While I certainly am happy to reveive free internet service, when I do cancel the account, they may very well notice and then attempt to bill me in one sum. (I will cancel the direct deposit BEFORE then however.)

Are they legally allowed to do that? Forget to withdraw money despite having been given all the information necessary and the bank recoginising it, but then turn around and demand payment because they forgot to take it out?

Thanks!

Good luck with cancelling with Tiscali, i had major problems with this company.

I think the main problem is where the call centre is , and trying to explain problems, well you might aswell hit your head on a brick wall.

Anyway in 2003 i rang tiscalli told them i wanted to leave and i wanted the MAC code, i was told to put this in writing so i did, did not receive MAC code, rang them up and complained about this.

They gave me MAC code after a lot of moaning, anyway moved to sky broadband, 3 months later started getting calls from Tiscalli, saying i had not paid my bills, and they were going to cut me off ? That would of been a good one,they have no idea of what is going on.

Just to let you know this went on for months and months, i have always told people to stay away from this company,but it still seems that they are up to their old tricks.This will be a long hard struggle!!!