You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

kinkyklee

can i appeal

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4000 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi is it possible to appeal against a decision on a cummunity care grant....iive read that you cant appeal,but i have just appealed and it never said not to....just wondad whether anyone has appealed a ccg

Shelter England - Community care grants

What if my application is refused?

If your application for a community care grant is refused, you can ask the Benefits Agency/Jobcentre Plus to review its decision. To do this, you must:

• apply in writing
  • apply within 28 days of the date the decision was given
  • explain clearly the reasons why you think the decision was unfair.

If the Benefits Agency/Jobcentre Plus does not change its mind when it reviews the decision, you can then ask the Social Fund Independent Review Service (IRS) to look at your application again. The IRS can change the decision if it was wrong.

If you are not happy with any decision made on your application and want to ask for a review, get advice immediately. It is often difficult to get decisions about the social fund changed but the help of an adviser could help you increase your chances of getting a grant.

more_advice.gif find_useful.gif

Edited by tawnyowl

You can't appeal, as a CCG carries no right of appeal. You can however ask for a review. An appeal goes to the Appeals Tribunal Service. A review is carried out by the DWP. However if you still feel the DWP review decision is wrong, you can ask for a review from the IRS (The independant review service).

It's like an appeal, in that someone else will consider the decision and if you still disagree you can ask an independant body to look at it again.

Basically it's a similar process to appeal, but it is to a different body.

The reason a person cannot get an appeal on a CCG (or a Crisis Loan or a budgeting loan) is because these funds are discretionary, not regulatory. You can only appeal regulatory decisions.

If you ask for an appeal what you will get is a review.

How to appeal against a benefits decision : Directgov - Money, tax and benefits

Decisions on other benefits and pensions - DWP

Independent Review Service for the Social Fund

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)