You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

hedgehopper592

Stat Demand Set aside,

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3994 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Good evening to all ,its the first time i have posted on here but since i first logged on to this site i have spent a consideralable amount of time reading on various forums. I have also been impressed with advice and assistance given to anyone who cares to post what ever there problem is. Anyhow my problem is this which i would appreciate some advice on. I was served a Stat Demand and eventually went to Court, where the Judge & Solicitor had a 1hr and 10mns discussion when i was asked if i had anything to say which took me 3 to 4 mins to show and prove it was all lies and a made up story hence the set aside .Three people lied to get me to Court for £5.000 aprox. could this come under the heading of Fraud ?. This claim has cost me a considerable amount of money and 9 months to defend + the threats of Bankrupcy ,selling my house and the bullying and attempted intimiditation, no Credit Cards ,Bank account ,Sleepless nights etc .What can i do now legally ? suggestions please .Sorry its a bit long .

Edited by hedgehopper592
forgot what i should have put

If it cost you a heap of money, sounds like you used a lawyer to achieve the setting aside of thr statutory demand. In which event the court order on setting aside ought to have included provision that the costs of the set aside should be paid by the opposition. If so, get those costs paid. If not, then the case is at an end. Sadly, there is no allowance for the sleepness nights and the general worry of litigation. The courts approach (ie the approasch that counts) is that a litigant has nothing to fear from being a party to litigation before the courts of England and Wales, because the quality of justice is premier league and second to none. In short, there was never anything to worry about.

Lying in the scenario of legal proceedings is of course a serious matter. That's why lying is taken up as a public rather than a private matter. The first determiner is the judge trying the case. If he is persuaded he has heard false evidence from a witness and wants to have that witness dealt with, he refers the case to the Attorney-General (A-G). If he doesn't do that you will have the up hill struggle of trying to persuade the A-G that it is in the public interest to prosecute the offender. Ultimately, the decision is in the hands of the A-G, not you.

x20

Edited by surfaceagentx20
x20 sozzled on 24 hour duty roster

Thanks surfaceagentx20 for your quick responce. No i defended the case myself + my Wife . Costs were my time + fuel etc . Yes i understand what you say about nothing to worry about but nothing is certain untill after the event . thank you for replying .