style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have been on a DMP with PAYPLAN for 3 years and as such, have 5 yrs remaining on my dmp. I have cleared around £12000 so far with £18000 remaining, however, have come across this site and and now thinking about CCA requests etc.

I have a Northern Rock credit card which was taken out in 8yrs ago, as well as a couple of loans with Lloyds TSB and also MBNA / Barclay card Credit cards.

Barring Lloyds TSB (which is 4yrs old), i have two questions:

a) will it affect my DMP if i apply for CCA's for the above

b) do i have any ground to stand on as i have a dmp in place with Payplan recognising a debt.

I can't go bankrupt because of my job so want to avoid unnessessary risks which could lead to that!

Any help appreciated

Calshan

Hi there

As the debt management plan with Payplan is informal, you are still within your rights to request for CCAs, and go down this process with your creditors to see if your debts are enforceable. However, I would strongly suggest you inform Payplan of your intention to find this out, and keep them updated, as if it turns out that a debt is not enforceable, they could remove this from your DMP, reducing the repayment period!

thanks for that advice, i will let payplan know of my intentions and let them know the result. Are the creditors likely to make demands for instant repayment as a result? i have made repayments for 3 1/2 years without missing one in that time since entering payplan

I dont think payplan encourage this,the way thay look at is by going through payplan you are faceing your debts and dealing with them rather than trying to get out of paying them.I am with payplan and have considered the cca route but am worried that it will just stir things up.

I am with Payplan too and they took a lot of convincing to take MBNA off the DMP. The only reason they did was because MBNA sold it on and I just didn't give them the details of who they sold it to!

<<<If I have helped please tickle the scales;-)<<<

Hi, thanks for the comments, these are simply considerations at present, I know there is an issue with my car agreement (welcome Finance) as i have dug out the original i was provided with and the figures just don't add up!

In relation to the other creditors, it may simply be a case of request the CCA's and then try and reclaim missold PPI and charges.

THis in itself will lower the amounts substantially!

Incidently, Black Horse sent thru an agreement they wanted me to sign refinancing over 144 months! I don't think so!!

Hi there and well done on paying so much off!

I don't think it will affect your DMP at all, other than the fact that it might reduce the amount you owe, but Payplan are perhaps not the right people to ask.

I have been with Payplan for many years and nearing the end of my IVA, with only a few months to go! :D

For me, Payplan have been great, no problems at all and when I have talked to them on the phone they have given good helpful advice, however, it's worth bearing in mind that they are a business and as such are in it to make money. Therefore, when ever it would appear they could loose money, such as you wiping out a debt via CCA's, they will appear reluctant as it is not within their interest to loose their fees.

HI AWC, thanks for your reply, well done on nearing the end of the iva! Light at the end of the tunnel! Will see what the CCA requests throw up and re-evaluate then!! Payplan been great to me too on most things, however, can be forgetful when the agreed term for payments is up! Gotta give them gentle reminders! thanks again