You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• look up on land registry who owns the property then get in contact with your local environmental heath dept.   dx  
    • Hello all,   I have recently moved into a new property. The bedroom window is facing a bunch of commercial crates which have trash on top of them. The trash is maybe two metres away from the window, making it impossible for the window to be open (I am also afraid of rats being there).   The other windows of the property are facing a communal, enclosed area, which is making it difficult for the property to be properly ventilated. I have already raised this issue with my estate agency and they are trying do to something about it (to be honest, if I leave everything to them, this issue won't be solved until my tenancy is finished, and that is more than one year away).   I am asking for advice, or how could I approach this issue.   I have spoken to my council and, since they do not deal in private property, there is nothing they can do, at least this is what they have told me.   The property with the trash is not owned by my landlord. It is an open space, with big crates, closed off by a fence. If I could, I would climb those crates and remove the trash myself but I cannot. I also cannot climb out the window to reach the trash, as the window is too small.   At times, I see a car in that property but I have never seen the driver. I left a note in the car's window explaining the issue and giving my number. This was around a week ago and nobody came back to me.   
    • Hi   First off ALL Tenants need to re report all the different repairs again via their repairs procedure. Yes its good to get a list of all properties repairs with photo/video evidence signed by all property tenants but you all need to fight this individually as well as a group.   Next you all need to look up your rights on Repair i.e. The Right to Repair Scheme and also their Complaints Procedure.   http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1994/133/made   https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/repairs/right_to_repair_for_council_tenants   All Tenants need to take control back with these repair and ask in writing titling any letter 'FORMAL COMPLAINT' and stating the repair and why it hasn't been carried out to date and an exact date when it will be completed.   You also require clarification whether these Repairs come under the Right to Repair Scheme and if so why we were never informed of this. (delete or amend)   You also require copies of the following:   Right to Repair Scheme Policy (Not the Leaflet Repair and Maintenance Policy (Not the Leaflet) Solar Panel Policy (Not the Leaflet) Complaints Policy (Not the Leaflet) Equality & Diversity Policy (Not the Leaflet) When you get the above policies you need to take your time reading them and just think to yourself 'DID THEY DO THAT' in relation to your issue and if not mark it this way you build a list of what they haven't done/followed as per there own Policies and use it against them.   They will have time limits to complete repairs within for Emergency, Urgent, Routine repairs and if they exceed that time limit and need to extend it remember it is with you the tenants agreement not them telling you and tough you can wait.   (bear in mind any repairs during COVID-19 the time limits are now different and most routine repairs are stopped)  
    • I was on UC in late March, and recently received some quite non-committal message that the commitments would be returning, but no indication when.     If I remember correctly the expectation was that we could find at least one job per day to which to apply, or some such nonsense.   Given that the government can only guess how many workplaces will be safe :  1) to commute to/from at the time of job application; 2) to work in at the time of job application;    3) to commute to/from at the date of starting a job ; 4) to work in at the date of starting a job,  5) to commute to/from at the date permanent WFH is dropped; 6) to work in at the date permanent WFH is dropped,    and given that we have lost 20% of our economy, I fail to see how they can both reasonably and immediately mandate any minimum figure of jobs we must apply for whilst this virus just killed over 135 people in the UK (stats released today).  That is only down from 155 last week, and about 175 a fortnight back.   At this rate it will be another 7 weeks MINIMUM before the mortality rate is zero - if it ever reaches zero before the inevitable second wave.  
    • who has sent this 'letter of claim' come from and doe sit mention the pre action protocol and include a separate response pack? 
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
blackgloves

Not sure where this is suppose to go

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3999 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Myself and my Mum have been paying Moorecroft for a number of years for debts ranging from this year, going way back in the 90s i think. Is it too late to ask to see actual documentation that all these exist, through actual signed agreements and so on - or is it to late as we have been paying them and therefore i think it acknowledges a debt?

Its never to late.

Get the requests sent off ASAP!

Oh right cool, ive been reading on various pages and sites, is it a CCA i ask for or what?

please as advice.

just crack on get that the ball rolling.

IF IT WAS ME I WOULD SAR THE OC COST TEN POUNDS WELL WORTH THE INVESTMENT.

it does not matter what you are paying now and to who.

lilly

Id quot circumiret, circumveniat.

please do not take my word for anything please do your own research All that i make comments on are done in good faith and to the best of my knowledge

Thank you very much both of you, i will definatly get onto it. Hopefully i could get some money back - which would be nice.

I would CCA them first and see what they come back with.

When you say CCA them, what do you mean? Is it the same as doing subject access request?

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

older the better if some of these go back to 90's

no point in SAR

what do you mean by getting some money back

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

Well we have been paying Morecroft for years for these "debts", so if it turns out they do not have any details or agreements of the original debt, would i be entitled to reclaim what i have paid?

Well we have been paying Morecroft for years for these "debts", so if it turns out they do not have any details or agreements of the original debt, would i be entitled to reclaim what i have paid?

no. classed as a gift

but no agreement no more money for them:-D

if you have been paying for that many years would cca as soon as possible only a quid;)and posting.

very little chance of obtaining

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

Oh right, well your right, will save paying out money each week to them. The agent spends about 10mins marking up the books, we pay like £2 on each, but soon mounts up.

Next time the 'agent' turns up tell him you are disputing all the accounts and will no longer be dealing with him. Ask him to leave and if he doesn't do so straight away; call the police.

Edited by zazen.warrior

before you cca.

as you dont say in first post.

what the debts are, or how many,

are all debts covered by cca.?

are they debts jointly with your mum.or do you both have seperate debts to sort.

are they all the same OC

I beleive you should keep paying untill 12 days after they recieve the CCA request which should be sent recorded ,so start counting from the day they receive the request,Also ask the collector what his figures are, good luck.

Moorcroft must absolutely love you & your mother with the greatest respect.

Whilst you are happily paying them, they will just continue to take regardless of how much you owe.

Stop all payments immediately, demand full refund (not saying you'll get it, but demand it anyway ;)) & report them to the OFT/trading standards.

They have never had any legal authority to money off you whatsoever, only a county court has that power.

If they start harrassing you, then report them to the police (not 999 unless they are at your door) & if they start ringing, then refuse to answer their security questions and insist that everything must be in writing only.

you can stop paying anytime that you wish.

but if you want to stop because they have no agreements.

that is when you have requested your cca they have

passed the 12+2 days and not produce and you then put the account in dispute for failure to supply within the time frame.

Mines is for NTL, and my Mums include BT, Littlewoods, (a catalouge from the 90s), a water company, and some more. The agent took the books last week to update them. Oh boy am i going to have fun when she comes back with them.

ok, the only one of those covered by the consumer credit act will be the littlewoods account - so it's a waste of time sending a s77/s78 request for the other debts.

The good news is though, that littlewoods are very very unlikely to have the agreement so you can just tell them to get lost on that one.

With the other debts, it's a different matter. I would suggest that you would have to send a sar to ntl, bt and the water company to get an an understanding of the current status of the account and to see if they have added any unlawful charges to the amount.

Could you first write a Nice letter to each company asking proof of the figures as you dispute what you have been told by the collector.Mr ton are moorcroft in deep **** for trying to collect and why,many thanks

would be better if you could dispute with each creditor what you owe,and state that you want proof of the balance and see if any charges have been added,cant see how in the case of ntl, bt ,or water you can deny the services,but ntl and bt will have defo added late payment charges.

no doubt if you choose to stop paying they will fall over themselves showing that you owe them;)

you are talking a tenner for each debt if you opt for SAR.

would start with cca for littlewoods almost certain that can be the first to wipe off your list.

wondering if as all are with moorcroft you could SAR them for all details they have which should include all accounts and status.

that would cut it to tenner for you and tenner for mum.

SAM