(Suspect) counterfeit GHD straighteners - help?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys just looking for a bit of info. I recently bought some GHD hair straightners from ghdandugg.com, and after watching the news this morning am quite alarmed that they may be producing fakes.

I haven't yet received them but was wondering if anyone else has had any dealings with this site at all? I read a review or 2 but nothing seems to give anything away! The site and everything seemed genuine at first but after looking at it more carefully I'm not so sure. They say they are approved GHD retailers but are not listed on GHDs approved retailers list :/

I'm pretty peeved to say the least but I could be wrong they could be genuine.

If they are fake does anyone know if I'd have a leg to stand on in terms of getting money back? I paid via PayPal.

Thankssss

you have answered your own question their fake

the website details

Ghdandugg.com - Gh Dan Dugg

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

I have just checked out that site and if I were you I would stop your payment immediately.

The site is not from this country and is illegal under UK regulations. There are no details at all on the site of who they are or any address, they have also hidden any details from their host.

All I can get is that they are in Thailand.

It's not the straighteners I would worry about being fake - it's the website. You will be lucky if you receive anything.

Edited by Conniff

Get in touch with Paypal and give them the details and ask them to help.

I don't know much about how Paypal works so can't help on that, sorry.

Just been told to ask you - is paypal taken from a Credit Card, Debit Card or direct from your bank?

My PayPal is linked directly to my current account and there were no funds in Paypal so money went from my current account via PayPal. Urgh this is so annoying, I've contacted PayPal to see what I can do and I've messaged the person who "sold" me them and told them I'd like a full refund asap etc etc.

I wonder if anyone else on here has had to report this type of thing to PayPal..

I really hope I get this money back £60 odd is a lot to lose when you're a student.. Grr!

Thanks a lot for your help guys.

Hope you get your money back! So many fake items get sold in China make their way over here, especially on ebay. But! Why anyone would want to pay £70 for a pair of ugg boots, or should I say, troll's feet, is beyond me!

Ergh I'm so wound up....

Been on the phone today to GHD and they confirmed they're fake. I've sent them in to GHD so they can send me out a report to show they're fake. I then esculated my dispute with PayPal to a claim (after being on the phone to them - following their advice) and got an email back saying they had assessed it and I wasn't getting a refund because I didn't buy them from ebay and they have a different user policy to people who buy off non-ebay websites. Obviously I'm pretty peeved but then the guy said it could take us 180 days to look into it and I then told him that they had already decided the case and I wasn't getting a refund. He seemed totally confused about it. And now I am........

But this 'company' is totally breaking the law!

Advice???