Court claim form issued, but not from Northampton...

Decanus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope somebody can help,

I have just received a court claim form from Spratt Endicott, and am a bit confused as its not from the Northampton County Court as is normal (isn't it?), before they send it to a court local to you. Its from Banbury County Court, which is nowhere near me.

To make it even more irritating, there is no password on the form, so I cannot use the Moneyclaim online service, which is what I normally use, as I have a claim number but no password. All a bit rubbish, really...is this a ploy on their part? will the court be reassigned later?Anyone else had this situation?

not entirely sure what to do. Shall I ring up Banbury and ask for a password? shall I return the Acknowledgement of Service page only, and the full form later, or must it all go together?

any help gratefully received..Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Typically, the HMCS website is down, with all the UK court details...

I'm still curious though as to why this was submitted through the Banbury court, not Northampton. Would this mean that I WILL have to request a change of court in my defence, to my local court, which is something that is done automatically on Northampton claims?

Thanks for the reply. Typically, the HMCS website is down, with all the UK court details...

I'm still curious though as to why this was submitted through the Banbury court, not Northampton. Would this mean that I WILL have to request a change of court in my defence, to my local court, which is something that is done automatically on Northampton claims?

Probably their local court.

It will be transferred to your local court once you file a defence

Have a look at the address of the solicitors - they are in Banbury.

Actually, interesting thing, since they haven't issued through Northampton then they are supposed to attach a copy of the agreement - bet they haven't though

thanks for the reply. Thats a good point, that they haven't attached a copy of the agreement.

do you think its worth pointing this out to the court? do they have to re-submit the claim with the agreement?

or will the court, as they seem to do all the time at the moment, just excuse this oversight!

or will the court, as they seem to do all the time at the moment, just excuse this oversight!

Yes, but it's always worthwhile pointing this out in your defence. Every little thing they've done wrong all helps