You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

extent

Switching to TalkTalk- sudden BT termination charges, how much?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3999 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I received a letter from BT regarding my home phone line, telling me i should expect to pay termination charges if i move my home service to any other company before 12 Aug. I am moving to Talk Talk before the end of the month, so is it possible to get Talk Talk to postpone it until then, if not how much will i be expected to pay BT? My letter only states a list, that individual services will be charged a termination fee, but no actual fee is listed for each home phone item, wkend plan, outgoing calls only etc (all of which are currently on the home line). I think BT charging in this way is ridiculous, rather than one simple charge. I have had my phone line with BT for 20 yrs, and i have never heard of a home line having a 12 month minimum term renewing every yr! Last minute money making, if this is a new addition to the BT contract, then i was not aware of it- unless its in the 100+ lines of small print thats been in their contracts since the 80s- indicating they can essentially do whatever they want- that no one ever bothers to read! Has anyone fought against it when changing home line? Is it a substantial amount?

I am in Battle with Moorcroft after I was charged this fee ontop of my final bill for £300 odd quid. They then now want £118 termination fee..jokers !

No way am I paying it and buy going to talk talk we have saved about £27 a month on our phone bill - equally scrap customer services but if is cheaper im not too fussed !!!

ouch! :( if BT try and charge me anything around that mark then i will b seeking legal advice, although i did suspect any final term charge might be around the cost of one average telephone bill- thanks for the info!

no problem - just becareful once it goes to moorcroft (my credit rating is cack so it doesnt matter) as they have passed it on to micro legal now despite me sending an account in dispute letter and micro legal are threatening the usual crap! CCJ etc .

I received a letter from BT regarding my home phone line, telling me i should expect to pay termination charges if i move my home service to any other company before 12 Aug. I am moving to Talk Talk before the end of the month, so is it possible to get Talk Talk to postpone it until then, if not how much will i be expected to pay BT? My letter only states a list, that individual services will be charged a termination fee, but no actual fee is listed for each home phone item, wkend plan, outgoing calls only etc (all of which are currently on the home line). I think BT charging in this way is ridiculous, rather than one simple charge. I have had my phone line with BT for 20 yrs, and i have never heard of a home line having a 12 month minimum term renewing every yr! Last minute money making, if this is a new addition to the BT contract, then i was not aware of it- unless its in the 100+ lines of small print thats been in their contracts since the 80s- indicating they can essentially do whatever they want- that no one ever bothers to read! Has anyone fought against it when changing home line? Is it a substantial amount?

Something is wrong there, after your minimum term you only need to give 30 days notice! Maybe you phoned someone/ they phoned you and agreed to another 12 month term (probably with a discount)?

Phone BT and see when the earliest you can leave them without penilty and postpone the move to talktalk until then if you can.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

We had same happen with BT. We moved house in 2007 and moved to another, had to pay £125 new connection fee, took them 15 mins to do at exchange up road as already had phone line in but with another company?

After that contract was up after 2 months, moved to sky because contract had ended with BT. So we thought? Apparently contract rolls over month by month until you let BT know. Got a bill 5 months down line from BT for £98 for contract rolling month to month and not telling them I moved to Sky, yet get this BT gave us a letter stating "Sorry you are leaving us blah blah" 5 months before when sky was taking over line? Ended up paying Wescot the money and now settled as of last week, anybody know how we can get money back?

Locutus-i have never signed any recent 12 month contract, the line has been active since 1990, and i have never had any problems/major communication since then. elie is right, ive just done a search, and it seems according to bt they can essentially charge ex customers anything they wish.. it seems contracts from major companies arent worth shining in the first place! As i have said, im supposed to be changing over to talk talk at the end of this month, but bt have informed me if i change over before the 12th of NEXT month, i should be prepared to pay xx amount, which can be anything they wish. Obviously the law is there to combat ridiculous amounts, but I await their bill. if its a ridiculous amount in my eyes to simply halt my current bt usage, then i will not back down lightly, but then, what can you do, when you may have signed a ridiculous contract, albeit 10+ yrs ago.. ?

All our contract was done over phone, never actually signed anything, they did a crafty one on my brother as well last year. He bought an house and had sky installed straight away, so all he wanted was phone line through BT (option 1) which he stated. 2 months down line he decided to have a look at BT online to pay his bill, they had set him up on (option 2) with all extra packages, so he was straight on blower asking them why he was been charged this when he only wanted his line rental through them and he only requested (option 1) they swapped it over immedietly, so he thought this was it. He then got an e-mail the month after asking for £300 as he had cancelled his (option 2) package and downgraded to (option 1), crafty b******* he never paid it due to dispute and later they cut off his line and then sky withdrew their services, is there anything we can do with this company, because we will be moving into new build in about 4 weeks time and there is no phone line but I do not want to deal with BT?

elie1977: If you need help with this, start your own thread please. Basicly, they also send you the terms of your agreement in the post, you should read these carefully as they become binding.

Extent: You have to provide 30 days notice if you are not in the minimum term. Maybe this is the charge they are talking about?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

the letter from bt simply stated that they were sorry i am changing phone company, and that my service will move on the 12th august, so bt must have been noted by talk talk i was moving.. perhaps its 30 days from when they told them themselves i was moving- the rest of the letter just states that i will be charged extra if i try and move service before this date, but i should expect charges anyway for termination of all the bt services currently on the same line. I dont see why bt could not have actually bothered to list the exact charges rather than leave me in anticipation. Lol!