You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2468 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Advice please !

Have received this a.m. in the post a letter from NatWest stating the following :

Following a recent review of your account, we are no longer able to accept your current level of monthly repayments - I am currently paying £5 a month.

The minimum payment we are prepared to accept is £64.00 per month - I just can't afford this.

If you are unable to meet the increased payments, please call this department o 0870 909 3709 to discuss the matter. Please complete the enclosed Financial Statement and retutn it to us.

What can be their next step ?

Bailiffs?

Court action ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi help ma boab and welcome to CAG. is the debt a loan or credit card and when was it taken out ?.

It's a credit card debt. I've had the card several years now and just been paying off debts monthly - can't provide exact date - sorry !

You can send a Consumer credit agreement request to Natwest ( CCA request ) to find out if they have a valid CCA or not, below is the link to the letters templates page, copy letter N, enclose a £1.00 postal order, print your name DO NOT SIGN, and post it 1st class recorded delivery.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/generel-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html Natwest then have 12 + 2 working days to provide a valid copy of the CCA after which if they do not, then the account is in dispute.

Thanks blueda, just out of interest - why don't we sign the letter ?

I am not saying they would do so, it is a safeguard in case that in the event that a creditor does not have a signed CCA, that somehow a signature could be used to fake up a CCA.

I would suggest you write to them and explain your financial difficulties, and stress that £5 is all that you currently can afford.

Have you considered entering into an informal arrangement such as a dmp to make lower pro rata payments to all creditors? x

Hi

This is a very old thread but would like to add that if you contact StepChange and talk through a budget (you can also do this online) you can show that you are taking steps to understand your current financial situation and arrange a repayment plan that you can afford. At present I can only afford £1 per month per creditor and the StepChange documents have helped me show this to creditors, who are then more ready to accept the lower offer.