Minimum Payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Advice please !

Have received this a.m. in the post a letter from NatWest stating the following :

Following a recent review of your account, we are no longer able to accept your current level of monthly repayments - I am currently paying £5 a month.

The minimum payment we are prepared to accept is £64.00 per month - I just can't afford this.

If you are unable to meet the increased payments, please call this department o 0870 909 3709 to discuss the matter. Please complete the enclosed Financial Statement and retutn it to us.

What can be their next step ?

Bailiffs?

Court action ?

Thanks in anticipation.

You can send a Consumer credit agreement request to Natwest ( CCA request ) to find out if they have a valid CCA or not, below is the link to the letters templates page, copy letter N, enclose a £1.00 postal order, print your name DO NOT SIGN, and post it 1st class recorded delivery.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/generel-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html Natwest then have 12 + 2 working days to provide a valid copy of the CCA after which if they do not, then the account is in dispute.

I am not saying they would do so, it is a safeguard in case that in the event that a creditor does not have a signed CCA, that somehow a signature could be used to fake up a CCA.

I would suggest you write to them and explain your financial difficulties, and stress that £5 is all that you currently can afford.

Have you considered entering into an informal arrangement such as a dmp to make lower pro rata payments to all creditors? x

• 4 years later...

Hi

This is a very old thread but would like to add that if you contact StepChange and talk through a budget (you can also do this online) you can show that you are taking steps to understand your current financial situation and arrange a repayment plan that you can afford. At present I can only afford £1 per month per creditor and the StepChange documents have helped me show this to creditors, who are then more ready to accept the lower offer.