egg/barclays/Lowells SD ****SET ASIDE & WON COSTS ***

mandyjayne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi DG

Thanks for reply..i only have a print out version to hand, i will have to rejoin equifax and actually open the thread for that card and see whats happened..it defo says settled/satisfied next to that one...

I was only interested at the time, in the one i am fighting just now which was a ccj now set aside! Me thinks Lowells have made a boo boo(no surprise there)! and have picked up the wrong one to chase..i have another:D

Then the prove it letter will be winging its way...

MJ:)

CAG Depends Purely Upon Donations. Please help us to continue helping you, and give what you can - Thank you:grin:

Click to donate

Please click my scales, if you feel the need;)

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its always worth have an up to date print out of your credit file. I must admit I had no intention of letting it go beyond the 30 days and having to pay but I am paying £6 odd a month (which I can't afford) but has come in very handy over the past few months.

Get your new print out and then you can check and see if it actually shows zero if it does then they need to prove that you still it owe it so the prove it letter will come in very handy.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

did you settle the egg account

prior to selling an account to a dca, the creditor, being egg would reduce the account to zero

then the dca, lowells, would register the account in there name for the full balance

was the account ever defaulted and do you have the default notice

Hi Postggj and DG,

Right ive just got an updated credit expert done, on the Egg entry it says:

Egg banking plc credit card - satifactory/settled **/05/05

Name: MJ

address: ***

DOB:***

company name: Egg

account type: credit/store card

started: **/06/02

current balance: settled

credit limit: 6000

settled on: **/04/05

file updated:**/05/05

status history: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 ( one late payment)

no default showing...in answer to your questions postggj, it was a while ago, but i used to balance transfer a lot between 4 cards this is one i must have paid off, if not, i never received a default or default notice!

any ideas people???:confused:

mj:)

Edited by mandyjayne

CAG Depends Purely Upon Donations. Please help us to continue helping you, and give what you can - Thank you:grin:

Click to donate

No cant remember, four years since!

and the credit cards were all in use at the time, i didnt apply for a new one then change balance over, so they all had something on them, if you get my drift!

any ideas what i should do with this?

mj:)

Click to donate

If it was me and I could work out which card I transferred it to then I would definately send the prove it letter to them especially as it say zero balance and settled.

DG:)

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Thanks DG...

one more thing just for the record...

The mbna credit card that is now owned by (DCA) Arrow, now has Arrows name as company name, no longer MBNA, no longer any MBNA entry.

I have the same in the other entry, Lowells as company name, with the amount they say is Egg, but the settled Egg entry is showing as satisfied settled.

Bit confusing i know...gonna give um the prove it letter anyways..

cheers people

Click to donate

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Need some urgent advice please...

Tonight, knock at the door at 10pm! husband opened man asked for me..but in my maiden name, hubby said paperwork heading from what he could see, looked like it said Hamptons, didnt take the letter...so i am assuming its lowlife, regarding this thread. Hubby got rid of him said he was off to check land registry.

Would this be them trying to serve a SD do you think? although i have received letters from Lowells saying its on hold, after i sent the prove it letter. Could be for the egg credit card (of which i've received no paperwork, except a statement thing, which i did'nt acknowledge) or barclays overdraft!!!

Could it be Court papers hand delivered in this way, and if it was from a Court would it be that late at night!!

Not sure who or what it was, thats the worrying thing..

MJ

bump

bump

Edited by citizenB
merged posts where "bump" has occurred on same day

Click to donate

Hi Sam

thanks...cant find your reply...!!! dont know if its me being thick:confused:

Nothing in my inbox

MJ

Click to donate

Hi MJ

A couple of threads for you to read to familiarise yourself with the complex nature of current account and overdrafts.

Help with writing defence over Natwest Overdraft Please?

Halifax Current Account- Is this a defective Default Notice? Help please!

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks andy

ok the guy the other night tried to deliver a SD... got letter today saying he will be back in the morning to hand it to me, acting for Lowells as i thought...no details on the letter telling me who the credtior is or for how much, my hubby is at home this week so he will open the door...now is this classed as harrassment..and what do you think he should say to him?? he could get his warrent card out and arrest him...is that a good idea??:D

Joking aside (he is really a copper) what shouold i do

MJ

Click to donate

Well if it is then accept it.SDs should be delivered by hand I understand.Post the details and we will deal with it from there.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

thanks andy..he will post it through the door no doubt, how easy is it to deal with??

Click to donate

thanks andy..he will post it through the door no doubt, how easy is it to deal with??

Well thats one of the points it should be delivered in person and to your hand to be deemed served correctly.If it is you have 18 days to respond .

Andy

Edited by Andyorch

bankrupt...thats a bit scary, i am joint owner of my home with 3 kids...

well it wont be delivered to me personally i can i assure you of that much!

s**t im dealing with an upandcoming cmc in the legal threads at the mo as well..think its getting all to much for me now:(

Click to donate

Stat Demand Bermans

Fresh off the press.

Regards

Andy

Thanks again Andy...

Question...CCA/SAR shall i send to lowells or is it too late

Click to donate

Never to late to request a copy of the CCA relied upon.

Andy

Thanks andy

ok the guy the other night tried to deliver a SD... got letter today saying he will be back in the morning to hand it to me, acting for Lowells as i thought...no details on the letter telling me who the credtior is or for how much, my hubby is at home this week so he will open the door...now is this classed as harrassment..and what do you think he should say:p

Joking aside (he is really a copper) what shouold i do

MJ

no need for hubby to say anything except thank you:p

have answered your PM

checked land reg a bit sharpish did they not.after 10pm the previous night.

SAM

hi guys

Well...said man was supposed to be knocking at 9.30am today to hand me the SD. Thats what his letter said.

11.30am still not here and nothing posted through letterbox??

any comments??

Click to donate

sam ive pmd you

2 guests mm

Edited by citizenB
merged 2 short posts

Click to donate