Lowell has the wrong details completely

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have now received two letters from the Lowell financial group demanding repayment of a Lloyds TSB card.

I am not the person mentioned in the letter.

The person has never lived here as it is a new build and I am the original owner/occupier.

I have never been a customer of Lloyds TSB.

To say they have made a mistake is an understatement, however I would love to really cause them some pain in the process of removing my address from their records (I am fairly vindictive so I would push it).

Some advice would be very welcome.

SFC

Just send them this

Dear Sir/Madam

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY OR YOUR CLIENT.

REF: XXXXXX

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to Lloyds TSB.

I would therefore ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed, otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and consider informing the OFT of your actions. As your company is also a member of the CSA you are required to abide by their Code of Practice and failing to do so could render you liable to prosecution under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

Dont sign the letter just print your name

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Claim that it was Opened in error due to being disturbed at getting unwarranted threatening mail with a leeds po box on the back that I googled and came up with clownells - who I then researched and realised that this firm actually beliefs in the stuff they post out so sought advice from like minded individuals:D who told me to tell them to get stuffed

It is worth noting that opening someone else's mail is an offence.

All mail is opened at my address and placed in my in-tray (my e-mail address should give you a hint why). Dross is shredded and used for compost, bills etc go to be paid. Technically it may be an offence to open the mail, however if this debt is levied against my property does it not become my problem as I own the house.

I shall be in London shortly on business and I just wondered it they wanted a visit. I find physical presence is always quite rewarding.

There is as much chance of a visit from Lowells as there is of Jane Goodie being canonised. :rolleyes:

Dr Dunc is considering doorstepping Lowell, not the other way round!

I suspect that they will have a secure entry card system and you won't get in, unless you can walk in behind someone else after lunch or at a shift change ...