NO NAME DEBT COLLECTOR (For Barclaycard) SOLD TO LOWELLS/RED/HAMPTONS - NOW MUCK HALL /MERITFORCE

alfwithhair
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 years of debt problems 14 accounts 8 different OC, only had one visit. Kevin from Scotcall, poor chap just happened to knock when I had just finished a barny with ex. Thought it was her back at door, shouted through the hall in my ex-military voice FO, suddenly realized it was not. Opened the door, he introduced himself I apologised told him I thought it was ex. He with a great sense of humour said, do I really look that mad, he had seen her leave the property. I then told him politely that I would talk about anything but the debt only to say that I had not received any of his company's paperwork which I had not, I had been living in a bed-sit till I could get the ex moved. Then I told him CAB were dealing he would hear from them but told him not to hold his breath was paying token repayments, nice as pie.... wished me luck and went on his merry way.

I agree, most of these people are only doing a job, be polite and as you say let them know you show no fear. These day's I don't mind a visit from some-one, just seem to be working all hours to keep head above water. As for bold 50+ men doing the job, please guy's, I'm 52 and starting to lose mine since 25 years of marriage went up the creek. If I were to do that job, I would expect a little politeness as I would show the same to the client on the doorstep. If asked to leave then leave I would. DCA's take a knocking. but in my experience I can only say with the knowledge I have built up from this site, I have had NO problems with most. Yes they review my situation some every six months some annually, remember, we had the money, we owe it, we have to pay it back. Unlike those gangsters that own the banks, we can't go cap in hand to the Government. My view in life is Good and Bad in everyone same goes for DC's and there Doorstep collectors. But as for jumping out on someone and demanding to know who she is, that is just someone who failed to pass the police exam.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

• 4 weeks later...

Well Muckies obviously didn't take a blind bit of notice of the no visitors email sent to them, maybe it was the chimps day off.

Meritfarce letter this morning.

I know its the same company, but they give you a bit of a giggle on a wet morning.

It has been passed to them for collection on Muckies behalf, but make payment to Muckies (yeh right, next joke)

If you are not the named person contact us to stop further communication.

Did you not check I was the right person before you sent the letter?

Sad, deluded people.

meritforce.jpg

Steady on alf, or you'll have to moderate yourself!

only on this website.

spot on alf. I suspect they may have been recording a new PG Tips advert on that day instead?

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

I disagree with most on here regarding so called doorstep collectors.

You may dress this up in any way you wish, but the underlying threat they operate under is one of intimidation and, ultimately violence (implied only). The uninformed, elderly and easily intimidated amongst us will most definitely be frightened by the prospect of an oik banging on their door. I don't care about their physical characteristics, young,old, shaven headed yobs etc, they know full well what they are doing when they bang on someone's door. Intimidation is the name of their particular game.

My response remains as follows; a few seconds to jog to the nearest gate or you are a trespasser and will be forcibly removed.

Only another 3 meritforce letters to go, no caller whatsoever and then it goes back to muck hall again even though it never left them as they are one and the same. The next letters from meritforce skimp on the colour as only my first one had a coloured logo the rest were just **** poor photocopies but they liven up a dull morning.

Only another 3 meritforce letters to go, no caller whatsoever and then it goes back to muck hall again even though it never left them as they are one and the same. The next letters from meritforce skimp on the colour as only my first one had a coloured logo the rest were just **** poor photocopies but they liven up a dull morning.

I will look forward to receiving the next chapter shortly then

I disagree with most on here regarding so called doorstep collectors.

You may dress this up in any way you wish, but the underlying threat they operate under is one of intimidation and, ultimately violence (implied only). The uninformed, elderly and easily intimidated amongst us will most definitely be frightened by the prospect of an oik banging on their door. I don't care about their physical characteristics, young,old, shaven headed yobs etc, they know full well what they are doing when they bang on someone's door. Intimidation is the name of their particular game.

My response remains as follows; a few seconds to jog to the nearest gate or you are a trespasser and will be forcibly removed.

with respect, your "response" is in direct contradiction with your evaluation

a person who is capable of offering the caller the opportunity to jog to the nearest gate- failing which they will be forcibly removed..........is hardly likely to be the type that would be "intimidated"

inflamatory use of language such as "Oik" "banging on the door" do nothing other than to seek to justify your rather paranoid perception of the people you seek to describe- the vast majority of which are normal sane nice people (rather than oiks) doing a job and who ring the bell (as opposed to bang on the door) and who remain polite and willing to leave without argument when asked to do so.

As in all professions (including your own..whatever that may be.........) there are good apples and bad. but the good apples far outweigh the bad ones

the "name of their game" is debt collection...... a perfectly legitimate occupation when- as in the vast majority of cases- they are calling upon people who have refused to talk to their creditors on the phone and ignored letters (therefore unlikely to be caggers)

the "implied" suggestion that all a debtor has to do is totally ignore a creditor and he will go away is a nonsense

i'll bet that if someone owed money to you and they refused to answer your phone calls or respond to your letters you would be "round there banging on their door" in no time at all!!

So, to all those reading your post who might be worried about the prospect of a doorster caller- i say do NOT worry- as in 99% of cases when a caller does arrive- it is a total non event

with respect, your "response" is in direct contradiction with your evaluation

a person who is capable of offering the caller the opportunity to jog to the nearest gate- failing which they will be forcibly removed..........is hardly likely to be the type that would be "intimidated" - Diddy, correct! it is highly unlikely I would be intimidated having operated in most "hot spots around the world. However, the vulnerable may well be and frequently are if posts on here are anything to go by.

inflamatory use of language such as "Oik" "banging on the door" do nothing other than to seek to justify your rather paranoid perception of the people you seek to describe- - Certainly no more inflamatory than the terminology they use; bailiffs, removal of goods, possession, losing your home because of a credit card debt etc! the vast majority of which are normal sane nice people (rather than oiks) doing a job and who ring the bell (as opposed to bang on the door) and who remain polite and willing to leave without argument when asked to do so. With respect, it is you who is offering a contradiction! normal sane nice people and so called doorstep collectors are definitely not compatible in all professions (including your own..whatever that may be.........) there are good apples and bad. but the good apples far outweigh the bad ones Absolutely agree! my own case as an example, I came on here a year ago with a trivial problem. I subsequently discovered some of the people who sprang to my assistance here on CAG were in great difficulty. Far worse than anything I could imagine. "name of their game" is debt collection...... a perfectly legitimate occupation when- as in the vast majority of cases- they are calling upon people who have refused to talk to their creditors on the phone and ignored letters (therefore unlikely to be caggers)

the "implied" suggestion that all a debtor has to do is totally ignore a creditor and he will go away is a nonsense Not implied by me.

i'll bet that if someone owed money to you and they refused to answer your phone calls or respond to your letters you would be "round there banging on their door" in no time at all!! Incorrect! you do not know me. I have two companies who owe me money outstanding for over 6 months. I most certainly would not go to the owners houses and knock on their doors uninvited. I admit if the amounts were thousands rather than hundreds I would consider the small claims court.

So, to all those reading your post who might be worried about the prospect of a doorster caller- i say do NOT worry- as in 99% of cases when a caller does arrive- it is a total non event

A rather smug comment! your implication being my post frightened the populace. Far better that everyone should also be fully aware they are fully entitled if they wish to tell a so called doorstep collector to foxtrot oscar in double quick time!
  • Confused 1

I would imagine for all their bluster, threats and promises Mackenzie Hall/Meritforce, like all the others who have tried their luck with this one, have failed to come up with any meaningful paperwork that would make this alleged debt payable. After coming up to four years - and probably more - they would simply give up and cut their losses. After all according to their latest published accounts Mackenzie Hall Holdings have made whopping big losses in the past two years.

I have to say that - despite the reassurances given here - the very thought of someone knocking onn the door to discuss my debt fills me with intrepidation. That, and a sense of anger and frustration that they (debt collection agents) can invade the privacy of your space and home life.

regardless of what is said, the fact remains that these door step callers come unannounced and unexpectedly, probbaly when the kids are getting ready for bed or when tea is being served up, or perhaps when watching tv after a s***ty day at work.

personally I feel that these doorstep harrassments should be made illegal, irrespective of whether its a bald 50+ ex-Prudential salesman fallen on hard times or a 7 foot tall Grant Mitchell lookalike.

that said, I do think that DD's posts have been very helpful to me, personally, since they have taken the 'terror' out of the equation, and replaced it with a less severe negative feeling. But I do think that rockwell speaks for many of us and his views should be respected.

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

Just checked this months credit file.

Lowells have marked a default Jan 2011 for the account, over 3 years after Mercers issued a non compliant default notice.

This has never shown on my file before ever, since the DN was issued. Not even as Barcalycard.

Default Date

29 September 2007

Removed from File

September 2013

Lowell are the legal owner now, or so they say.

Surely they can't start marking this now from 2011?

Lowells purchased this account November 2009 and never marked the default either until Jan 2011.

I thought they had to register it within a reasonable time limit. Is this right?

No they cant update the date, just the owner of the debt... the date that the default should have been marked by Barclaycard is the date that should be on your credit file.

You say Barclays never marked a default on your record.. I assume they recorded late payments etc... do you have a print out of this?

S.

alf, I just want to quickly say that I have a similar problem, with barclaycard. I was sent a DN in 2006 and they have just now - Jan 2011 - entered adverse data with the CRAs. Not a Default but an AP. Now, I have asked them to reg a Default backdated to 2006 as should come off next year anyway and they can't enter adverse data on the account. However I understand that they shouldn't eneter data from that long ago anyway. In my instance i don't care as i don't want credit & if it comes off next year then great. BUT barclaycard are ignoring my request anyway. I have complained to them and also now to the ICO. I think I may to the FOS as well as the FOS have recently told creditors to remove adverse data on 3 complaints i have passed their way.

I have a reply back from the CRA about this default

They say;

Thanks for your message.

Our understanding is that this is not the case where a default is sold on - in this instance Lowell have the right to report the default but can't report it until after it has purchased the debt, this could be at any time after the default date. In any case the lender must stop reporting the default 6 years after the date of default.

I would recomend that you contact the ICO directly confirming the debt has been reported by a debt collector and they should be able to clarify the situation in this instance.

I hope this helps to explain, if you have any further questions please get back in touch.

Regards

Neil

annualcreditreport

Is what they are saying correct?

Lowell purchased this account November 2009, but only first marked the credit file Januaray 2011

ccr.jpg

• 1 year later...

Well its been over 12 months since anybody contacted me about this account. I thought Mukies would have been the end of the trail, but alas not, there is a lower form of life after all.

SNOTCALL

They emailed me before, don't know where they get my email address from though.

Not had visitors for a while, I must get some earl grey and a sponge cake. LOL

scotcall limited

Spectrum House, 3rd Floor

55, Blythswood Street, Glasgow, G2 7AT

Tel: 0844 257 8555 Fax: 0141 248 6616 Email: [email protected]

Opening hours: 08:00 - 20:30 Mon - Thurs, 08:00 - 18:00 Fri, 09:00 - 14:00 Sat

DEBT COLLECTION NOTICE

Dear MR

Reference:

Client Reference:

Client: LOWELL FINANCIAL

Contract: BARCLAYCARD

We have been appointed by the aforementioned client to recover from you the amount owed on the above contract.

Our client is disappointed that despite their attempts to contact you, you failed to pay or advise them of any financial problems that you may be having. We have therefore been instructed to visit you at your home to either collect the full balance due, or make arrangements for this long overdue debt to be repaid as quickly as possible.

To resolve this matter without the need for a personal visit, you should call one of our Advisors on 0844 257 8555 who will discuss your repayment options with you. Alternatively, you can repay the outstanding balance online using a debit or credit card at www.payscotcallonline.com

If you are experiencing financial difficulties, please let us know and we will do our upmost to help you.

If you choose to ignore this notice, we are left with no option but to instruct one of our Debt Collection Agents to visit you to discuss your proposals for repayment.

Yours faithfully

scotcall limited

For and on behalf of scotcall limited