• Tweets

• Yes she went back to them and asked them to remove the cancellation however the girl on the phone went to ask someone and came back and said she couldn’t.   Thing is they then tried to charge her £1000 to reinsure, I contacted a broker and got it down to £760, she went back to them and they miraculously could do it for £690!!  It feels like they are using this to fleece her, her previous ins was £300.   I will get her to write a complaint to them...do you know if there’s an insurance ombudsman she could contact?    I just feel it would have been fair fair to suspend the ins pending the court outcome!    Thankyou.
    • Hi,    Yes my daughter drove through a red light.   Yes her DVLA was still registered to her previous address at Uni hence them not being able to contact her hence the MS90.   This is her 1st car and she simply didn’t think to re register her car to our address she genuinely forgot!  However we left our forwarding address with the letting agent but the house was subsequently sold and the new owner used a different letting agency so communication was lost.   The courts enlisted the bailiffs and when the current tenant found her via Facebook she was genuinely mortified as she had no idea that she had broken this light.   She immediately rang the bailiffs and court who advised her to make The Statuary Declaration, whilst waiting for that date to arrive she thought she better ring the insurance company to explain what was happening thinking they may have to suspend her policy however they cancelled it on the spot she asked them not to but they just went ahead charging her £50 to do so.   At court after she explained what had happened the court dropped the MS90, and reduced the points and fine to what it would have been originally.   Going back to the insurance company they said they couldn’t remove the cancelled policy and it would show on her record for life and tried to charge her £1000 to reinsure!!  Previously it had been £300 as she had built up 2 years no claims.   I contacted a broker who said he could insure her for £760, she went back to her original insurance company, Admiral who then said they could now do it for £690!!  How can they suddenly do that sounds unscrupulous to me and that they are using this cancellation to now fleece her!!   She is a medical student and needs the car to get to the different places she is working on placement but can’t afford to pay this extortionate amount of money.  I would expect her policy to go up a bit but would say max £500 is proportionate?    I will I’ll get her to contact them Regards making a complaint in writing as you have suggested.   Thank you.    
    • I’m not sure who you mean by the OD and do you want me to see if the PDL is enforceable or not pay it at all?   And what should I do about the NatWest? Surly there’s a case getting it wiped if the charges came from them charging me for a PBA that I had told them to close and they said they had. Also am I paying the credit cards back in full or trying to get a reduced settlement?   Thanks Andrew 
    • Initial payments have already come in - we wouldn't have started otherwise. There's about £3,500 outstanding. The £800 was verbally agreed initially, but later correspondence from the customer shows that he's accepted the £800 for the extra work.
    • Each should send a cpr 31:14? Cant produce signed documents = no liability??
  • Our picks

alfwithhair

NO NAME DEBT COLLECTOR (For Barclaycard) SOLD TO LOWELLS/RED/HAMPTONS - NOW MUCK HALL /MERITFORCE

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2717 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Well heard nothing from the Leeds Losers about the 'unlawfull recission' letter I sent them.

Checked the credit file earlier today and the default that appeared last month nearly 2 years since the notice has now dissapeared.

So don't know what their up to

Well heard nothing from the Leeds Losers about the 'unlawfull recission' letter I sent them.

Checked the credit file earlier today and the default that appeared last month nearly 2 years since the notice has now dissapeared.

So don't know what their up to

thats a bit sinister? smells to me like that might be trying to erase any evidence of the default/termination- did you get a print off of the credit file showing the default?

if so print off one showing it missing!!

if you havn;t got a copy showing it - write to the Credit ref agency and ask why it has suddenly dissapeared

i think you need to get some sort of proof that one minute it is there and then it is not- just in case

can get a print out anytime, can look back on every month for the last 2 years

this default has been on off, on off, quite regular. and if its not vanished its marked 'US' which I presume is unknown status.

i would do it and keep the copies- might come in useful

in fact i would spend 3 quid (1 quid each) and get snail mail reports from all 3 every 6 months all the while you are in disputes

Reply from the Leeds Losers this morning.

They say they are looking in to resolving the matter rather than simply returning the account to Barclaycard.

They said in their last letter they had PURCHASED the debt, so how can they return it to the OC, are they on sale or return or something?

lowellsreplyunlawfulrecission.jpg

Reply from the Leeds Losers this morning.

They say they are looking in to resolving the matter rather than simply returning the account to Barclaycard.

They said in their last letter they had PURCHASED the debt, so how can they return it to the OC, are they on sale or return or something?

Surprisingly some of these firms do have the debts on a return basis but most just lie about whether they have purchased the debt outright or not... you could ask them to clarify exactly who owns the debt or just file away for future use :-D

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

They do confuse themselves. If Lowell Financial were to return the debt to anyone, it should be to THEIR client, which a previous letter of theirs has stated is Lowell Portfolio 1.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

i wouldn't ask them to clarify anything about ownership of the debt at this stage lest they try to "cover their tracks"

about now i would be firing off a SAR to the OC to preserve what is on their records to date

They do confuse themselves. If Lowell Financial were to return the debt to anyone, it should be to THEIR client, which a previous letter of theirs has stated is Lowell Portfolio 1.

Funny enough I had a letter from 'their client' Lowell Portfolio 1 this morning. Dated the day before the one yesterday from Lowell Financial. Signed by the same person of course, so this Samantha is a busy bee.

Who is the representative they are going on about? Could this be CAG. LOL.

I don't think me or my 'representative' will be telephoning them.

Lets see how long they keep to their word before the next batch of threat o grams start arriving.

lowellsUR2.jpg

Well its been a month now, not heard a dicky bird from the lad from Leeds

Maybe they have had to seek legal advice as they didn't understand the contents of my letter

Well their reply has arrived.

Tells me nothing I don't already know.

Still no account number showing, just a ref.

No mention of the unlawful recission I accepted

The copy agreement was a useless application form containing nothing that is required.

They have no record of any dispute on file? Well they would say that wouldn't they.

They await MY further advices. Now theres a first, they want us to advise them now. LOL.

Do I need to reply or not. I have accepted the UR which occurred at point of sale.

lowellsURreply.jpg

Edited by alfwithhair

Well heard nothing further from the Leeds Losers, nearly 2 months now.

Checked this months credit report, the original Barclaycard Default is still removed, just vanished into thin air.

So think I will let sleeping dogs lie, until somebody else contacts me regading this account, which I'm sure they will.

Good. Maybe they still aren't sure who their 'client' really is!

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

Good. Maybe they still aren't sure who their 'client' really is!

Well I will not be enlightening them, thats their problem

Well after months in limbo, Lowells Financial have raised their ugly head again

"Were here to help you get your account up to date".

What account would this be then? The one that was terminated the moment you bought it?

Should I bother sending them a reply or just ignore them. Their letter is very tame, no threats or mention of futher action

Edited by cerberusalert

alf delete the amount owed from the above

post office

WON 12/11/06

abbey

LBA sent 30/10/06

MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06

allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06

schedule of charges sent 16/12/06

WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07

WON

complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and leicester

WON

alf delete the amount owed from the above

I would, but there is no edit option anymore so can't do anything about it, there is some problem on the forum apparently, the edit option is not available

as the file is on photobucket you just need to either delete it from there or upload an edited version with the same file name. you won't need to edit your post to change the image.

as the file is on photobucket you just need to either delete it from there or upload an edited version with the same file name. you won't need to edit your post to change the image.

Ok will try that, thanks

tried your suggestion, photobucket shows the edit version, but the forum is still showing letter with balance showing, so got site team to delete it, will have to re-scan it

Well after months in limbo, Lowells Financial have raised their ugly head again

"Were here to help you get your account up to date".

What account would this be then? The one that was terminated the moment you bought it?

Should I bother sending them a reply or just ignore them. Their letter is very tame, no threats or mention of futher action

Right let try again, see if the right letter posts up this time.

BINGO. its worked, no balance showing now

lowellsfinancial08-10.jpg

thats better ;)

post office

WON 12/11/06

abbey

LBA sent 30/10/06

MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06

allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06

schedule of charges sent 16/12/06

WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07

WON

complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and leicester

WON

tried your suggestion, photobucket shows the edit version, but the forum is still showing letter with balance showing, so got site team to delete it, will have to re-scan it

That would have been cos you have previously viewed the file, it would exist in your browser cache, other people who hadnt viewed the previous version would have seen the edited version.

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

Well it appears The Leeds Losers have still not got the drift that they will get nothing out of me,

I recieved one of the 'special offers' this morning

Laughable rearly

But keeps someone in a job I suppose generating this rubbish

lowellsaug10.jpg