NO NAME DEBT COLLECTOR (For Barclaycard) SOLD TO LOWELLS/RED/HAMPTONS - NOW MUCK HALL /MERITFORCE

alfwithhair
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Smells like the 1st Credit/LCS partnership

Does say at the bottom of the Hamptons letters 'Hamptons Legal is a trading style of Lowells Financial Ltd' a company registered in England and Wales under company reg no 4558936

comsumer credit licence no 528607

members of

CCUA (Cival court users association)

CCTA.

First two letters were blank on the back but last one isn't it says

"Who are hamptons Legal?

Hamptons Legal are the legal department of Lowells Financial Ltd.

If you have received a letter from Hamptons Legal your account has escalated and is being reviewed for litigation.

Hamptons may decide to use the courts to recover what you owe"

so is the old 'MAY' twaddle again.

doesn't actually say they are solicitors and appear to have dropped the 'services ltd' from their title

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Hampton Wick has got bored with my lack of response, so have asked their buddies over at Muck Hall to intimidate me further.

Apparently they are sending Meritfarse to assess my doorstep (not as there's anything wrong with it)

The big scarey brown envelope arrived this morning.

I am in a quandary wether to contact these idiots or not? If I do they know I am here, if I don't they may send some plank round to check, which I can do without at the moment.

muckhallenv.jpg

muckhalldoorstep.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Hi alf

Receiving a doorstep visit (REsolvecall - BCard) early in this game was the best thing that could have happened for me; having mastered the 6th and 15th letters of the NATO alphabet, door-steppers no longer frighten me or my family.

DCAs I talk to appear bemused that door-steppers do not work as a threat.

love

vic

Alf, I have to thank you for posting up that picture of the envelope. You have answered a question for me!

A few weeks back an envelope like this arrived for Mr Blackadder, who (as anyone who has read my previous posts will know) did a bunk a few years ago and left no forwarding address. I generally send these things back marked 'gone away'.

However, the interesting thing is that last week a 'plank' did indeed turn up on my doorstep. Well, my driveway actually. I suspect he was from this bunch of donkey droppings as it does seem a bit of a coincidence that the envelope and the plank should arrive within a couple of weeks of one another.

He approached me in the dark on my driveway as I was getting out of my car. He made no effort to introduce himself or show any ID and simply said that he was looking for Mr Blackadder. I told him I couldn't help but he continued asking questions which I ignored. He then asked me if I was Mrs Blackadder and I told him that it was none of his business who I was, to which he replied that it was his business as he had to sort things out. I told him (very firmly) that actually it was NONE OF HIS BUSINESS. If he thought that it was all right to approach a woman in the dark without bothering to identify who he was or who he worked for then it really was none of his business. He went to say something but obviously thought better of it and scuttled off back to his car. He sat in it writing notes for about 5 minutes, but I suppose that's how long it would take a trained monkey to write 'have just encountered a mardy cow'!!

Anyway Alf, thanks again. :-D

Have a question about these "doorstep assessmenets."

Are they legal?

can you tell them to go away and are they then obliged to leave your property?

Is it a good idea to have a camera ready (eg a video camera) so you can film them while asking them to leave your property?

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

once you have asked them to leave they must (and will) leave-

these doorstep visits are not at all like they tend to be portrayed- and i do wish (although i understand that some folk are naturally nervous) that folk would not worry about them

99.999% (just like anything else in life) are normal (often part time) people doing a job- they wont threaten or intimidate and will simply seek to establish if you are the person they want to speak to and if you are they will try to engage you in conversation about the debt (repaying it)

indeed most of the time their MAIN priority is to confirm that you still live at that address

there REALLY is no need to be offensive in dealing with them- just simply politely tell them that you have made it clear to the creditor that ALL communication on the matter should be in writing and that you will not discuss the matter in person or by telephone and therefore they should now leave and not return

99% of them will do just that

YES you might just get that one knobhead that thinks he/she has more power than they think- but i suspect you have more chance of being mugged by a drunken group of garden gnomes

what you WILL acheive- is a sense of releif that the "threat" of the "Dreaded" doorstep caller is only that- and that once experienced that is another tick you can mark on your life skills- not being scared of letters threaning the bogey man visiting, and dealing with doorstep debt collectors

these people are no fools and folk who rush into print with long drawn out "dont you dare call at my home" in contravention of this that and the other law- are REALLY telling the creditor that they are **** scared

so go on take the plunge

If you must write in response to a threatened doorstep visit- the same legal force would be behind the following reply and shows no sign of fear on your part

dear sirs

Re your intended doorstep visit

kindly note that i have made plain that i will not discuss this matter per telephone or with personal callers and that all correspondence in this matter must be in writing to provide a full audit trail of what is said and done

In the event that a personal caller arrives uninvited kindly note that they will be immediately asked to leave, for the foregoing reasons and that any costs incurred in respect of the call will be for your own account

y F

Edited by diddydicky

Well you say that we shopuld not be unChristian but what they are doing is plaine vil imo, harrassing people in their home. disgraceful. if they want a job there are plenty of other, less destructive jobs they can get.

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

wasnt having a go at you per se- just the way that some caggers will ratchet up these so called confrontations which actually very rarely occur.

it can be very empowering to realise that your "fear" of someone calling at the door was ill founded

On the rare occassion that people have called at my home in the distant past i have invited them in for a cup of tea (none of them accepted- they havent got the time) having first told them i will talk to them about anything but the alleged debt.

FEAR is a debt collectors only weapon- remove that and they are impotent

Well you say that we shopuld not be unChristian but what they are doing is plaine vil imo, harrassing people in their home. disgraceful. if they want a job there are plenty of other, less destructive jobs they can get.

well its all accordin! (as a friend of mine used to say)

in general- you need to be realistic about life- if the debtor is refusing to discuss the debt on the phone and is binning the letters unanswered- what do you propose the creditor or debt collector should do? just walk away and forget it?

it is VERY rare for debt collectors to actually call (as i said it is the FEAR of the call that they rely upon).

but in those cases where the debtor will not respond i fully agree that the creditor is entitled to call (at least once) and attempt to discuss the matter with the debtor

I have represented thousands of folk with debt problems and i can honestly say that where i have advised the debtor to write to the creditor and insist on all communication to be in writing- with a promise that all letters will be responded to promptly- i can count on one hand the number of times that a caller has actually arrived at the house

debt collectors have a job to do - some of them probably think that all debtors are **** and vile- luckily just like some caggers think debt collectors are **** and vile- they are in the minority- which is fortuneate because neither of them does the vast majority of debtors any favours with those extreme views

Thanks for your posts. They are reassuring and yes, Victoria, at the end of the day if we are angry and het up we only punish ourselves at the end of the day. So if and when a colelctor calls I will calmly ask him to leave. It is a great fear, sure, as I like many others envisage these collectors as 7 foot tall thugs in groups of at least 2 pushing past the front door.

Muck Hall being in on the act now, only give me more reason to believe that there is no enforceable paperwork. This so called account has been doing the rounds since 2007. I think it has now reached the bottom of the pit.

I think I will drop them an email pointing out I will not discuss on the doorstep and leave it at that. If they turn up they will be told where to go.

Hi dick

I agree and retract my comment; it is not meaningful to categorise an industry of organisations and people as ****. But the substantive point is that they have no power and decent folk should not be frit of them.

Pax?

love

vic

no wuckin furries peace to all!!:wink:

Thanks for your posts. They are reassuring and yes, Victoria, at the end of the day if we are angry and het up we only punish ourselves at the end of the day. So if and when a colelctor calls I will calmly ask him to leave. It is a great fear, sure, as I like many others envisage these collectors as 7 foot tall thugs in groups of at least 2 pushing past the front door.

whereas many of them are over 50 bald and doing a part time job to earn a few bob

moorcroft are forever advertising for part time debt collecting agents!!

I was at a loose end earlier this evening, so assessed my own doorstep. It was fine apart from some weeds growing out from under it. I asked the weeds what they were doing under my doorstep, they said " We are doing an assessment for Meritforce". I told them to FO, but they refused as they had not finished rooting, so I took a hoe to them. Assessment has ended MOFO