Charges (only 2!) refund initiated

eatyourgreens

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, posting here as a diary of events for my own records, and information for others in a similar position.

I have recently had 2 default charges levied on my Step account with Natwest.

One in March 2009, and another in July 2009.

My account has been run faultlessly for years, and the recent charges have impacted upon my cash-flow (or lack of it!)

Both charges were for £38, and I am quite aware of the unlawful nature of these charges.

I just phoned Natwest, and they said as there were no banking errors, they would not refund the charges.

I told them that I will be entering into correspondance with them to get the charges, and the guy said he had to work within the code his is employed under. I understood this, he said he wished he could help me, but had to work within the code...

So...I have given them the oppurtunity to refund the unlawful charges, which they have declined.

I have the CAG template all filled out and ready to post today, and will add to this thread with any correspondance and developments.

The claim may well be stayed pending the conclusion of the OFT test case issues if these are your only charges on the account.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf