letter from ruthbridge-bankruptcy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have just recieved a letter from ruthbridge stating that they are advising their client to commence bankruptcy proceedings, which may include costs and interest! we only owe them 839.88! it then goes on to say that in order to avoid this i should pay them £503.93 before the 13th aug. obviousley i dont have 500 spare cash oe i would pay them. also we are with a dmc ant the moment! what should i do?:(

i could get it bellow 750 next week but im with a dmc and if i pay them to get it below 750 then they will know that i cud pay more than what im paying em thru dmc! what do you think is best? i have emailed my dmc but havnt had a reply as yet! dunno if they open on saturdays! ta:(

Are there any unfair/illegal charges they have applied in the £839? If so deduct them, if it is then below £750 you have achieved your aim.

Yorky

Great idea, get a charges reclaim in and dispute the amount owing :)

Ruthbridge are well known on these forums for being purveyors of DIAHORREA of both the verbal and the written kind. Totally ignore their empty threat, It would cost their so called client far more than you allegedly owe to make you bankrupt and even if they were foolish enough to follow the ropey advice of Derek then there is no guarantee they would even get back what was allegedly owed.

I don't understand. The whole point of a DMC is that they handle this for you! I know most people on this forum do it themselves, but post the threatening letter onto the DMC and forget about it...as said above who is going to spend the money required to make you bankrupt when you're showing willingness to pay off your debt by being in a DMP int he first place! I spoke to mind recently about EGG and they have been handling and will fill in any court forms etc that get sent. Incidentally, they are not against this forum...!

I don't understand. The whole point of a DMC is that they handle this for you! I know most people on this forum do it themselves, but post the threatening letter onto the DMC and forget about it...as said above who is going to spend the money required to make you bankrupt when you're showing willingness to pay off your debt by being in a DMP int he first place! I spoke to mind recently about EGG and they have been handling and will fill in any court forms etc that get sent. Incidentally, they are not against this forum...!

IMHO DMP are when it comes to crunch time are just that.

i am sure you aware that whatever way you deal with any issues are down to you, but and this the big but, you need to understand and take control.

i wish you a good evening and enjoy the weekend.

I spoke to mind recently about EGG and they have been handling and will fill in any court forms etc that get sent. Incidentally, they are not against this forum...!

Just be careful, a DMC will normally get you to admit the debt and then you end up with a CCJ.

It is very very rare for a dmc to dispute a debt on your behalf

??? Of course I admit my debts, that's not what this is about. This is about someone having the correct agreement in place to enforce a debt. Also, when it comes to court action it's perfectly OK (and infact wise) to admit you owe money but dispute the amount! Asking for a CAA to ensure it's been correctly implemented is not about admitting to a debt.

OK, I will rephrase that. The DMC will admit that the debt is enforceable.

I would also disagree with you when you say that it is wise to admit a debt - that is never a wise thing to do unless the claimant has proved that the debt is enforceable.

I meant in court in front of a judge. The issue in court is an enforceable credit agreement in place. Also, the fact that you can't agree a figure as in most cases the Creditor has not provided the necessary records for this to be ascertained. I am talking to my DMC about EGG and they are aware of CAG and the advice it gives. So far they've given me nothing but support and encouragement and if I decide to take EGG on they'll remove them form my plan accordingly. Its up to me to give the instruction.

i phoned my dmc and they said that they would ring ruthbridge and sort them out, also they would ring me back and let me knw what they say! if they still insist on this course of action then i think i would get it below 750 just to be on the safe side!!! thanx everyone!:sad: