trade account/court claim/withdrawn

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok people, lets get the grey cells working

i was asked to help out ref a plumber,

he had a trade account with ,shall we say plumb centre. its not by the way,

he was late paying a monthly bill due to the lady in the office being on maternity leave,

through there solicitors, plumb centre issued an n1 claim form very quickly.

this is where i come in

cpr to the solicitors requesting a copy of the agreement, default/termination notice etc.

he has just received a letter stating claim has been withdrawn by the sols but unless payment of two grand is made in seven days , they will be doing a new claim.

so why withdraw only to re issue a new claim.

THESE ARE MY QUESTIONS

1/ DOES A TRADE ACCOUNT COME UNDER THE CCA

2/ DOES THE ACCOUNT NEED TO BE TERMINATED/DEFAULTED BEFORE LEGAL ACTION

3/

AFTER STARTING A CLAIM, THEN WITHDRAWING, ARE THEY NOW NOT BARRED FROM FUTURE LITIGATION UNLESS GRANTED PERMISSION BY THE COURT

THE SOLS HAVE NOT PRODUCED THESE DOCS IN THE CPR REQUEST SO I HAVE NOT SEEN THEM AND AS THEY HAVE NOW WITH DRAWN?

1. No

2. No

3. No

Trade account will come under contract Law. The plumber is not a consumer under the act.

They were a bit quick in issuing a claim. They should have made an attempt to sort it without Court action, and although we don't know if any correspondence went on between them, they might have realised that.

They can claim again if they want.

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

Not really. CCA 1974 (as amended) covers consumers. The law supposes traders have access to legal assistance, and anyway should know what they're doing. (as we know not all do)

No, it's regulated by contract Law. the contract is, they will supply goods. the trader will pay later, which is known as executary consideration

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

it matters not as i believe they are now screwed

to issue a new claim would need the permission of the court.

its my understanding a new claim needs to be submitted with in seven days of withdrawing the previouse

and as its on the same poc

not a chance

it matters not as i believe they are now screwed

to issue a new claim would need the permission of the court.

its my understanding a new claim needs to be submitted with in seven days of withdrawing the previouse

and as its on the same poc

not a chance

yes, this is correct.

bit of a development

he has just called me

claim withdrawn 24/7/09

today received a fresh n1 claim

same poc

now a new claim needs to be submitted within seven days of withdrawing the previouse

can anybody post a link

need to read up on this for the statutes/legislation

meny thanks