You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Notty

Cap One - Lowells

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3999 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Ii am helping my son with his Cap One charges. We have finally received the paperwork from the SAR request. From 2003-2006 there was over £600 applied in charges (this doesnt take into account the interest they also added or the 8% interest if a claim was issued). There is also ppi and as he is self employed doubtful if it should have been on there. The charges per month work out to about £40. From 2006 any charges were reduced to £12 so I dont think you can claim them? I have sent a cca request and not had anything back so assume they do not have the cca. Do you think it would be better to claim back the charges which could leave him with a couple of hundered difference? Or will they reduce the £40 charges to £12 and end up with nothing? Any help would be appreciated. The worry with the cca is they never give up trying to collect I thought if we wen the court route at least its all finished with?

bump

Can anyone help me please

Claim back all the charges and the interest on the charges. There is a therad about reclaiming interest on charges

The PPI sounds like it was mis-sold. If he can't claim then I would go for mis-sold & claim that back too, plus interest on those charges. Then add the 8% statutory interest

Hi,

You can claim back all the charges including the £12 ones.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Ii am helping my son with his Cap One charges. We have finally received the paperwork from the SAR request. From 2003-2006 there was over £600 applied in charges (this doesnt take into account the interest they also added or the 8% interest if a claim was issued). There is also ppi and as he is self employed doubtful if it should have been on there.

Hi Notty, if he told Crapone he was self employed and they still allowed him to take PPI then its mis-sold, crapone PPI doesnt pay out on self employed persons (they did the same to my mum)

If you go through the FOS for PPI I dont think he'll get much interest back on the payments you have made, if you go through court he could ask for contractual which over the years will build up to a healthy total. It all depends on how much he needs to clear the balance or a significant amount of it.

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.