Credit file query

PGH7447

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just checked my credit file and it is a bit better than I thought however I have noticed some defaults registered by DCA's after they have taken the account from the OC.

So is this allowed?

Also I am paying a DCA for a debt and they have registered a default, surely if there is payment being made this should not be registered as a default every month?

thoughts anyone

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Only in two cases are they allowed to process this information.

1) They have legally purchased the debt and are executing their rights as a Data Controller. They can however only process the details of the ORIGINAL default and cannot make a new one.

2) You have given them express permission permitting them authority to report to the CRA's on your account conduct and have specifically given them rights to record your payment history.

The latter is extremely unlikely!

What happened in my case was HSBC were recording a default. They sold the debt. Now the DCA records the SAME information however with their name.

You should challange their authority to process this information in your name.

cheers all

2 are old hsbc now owned by a dca but I will need to check the dates

1 is from crappyquest who I saw off so they will be getting a remove or esle letter

and 1 is from robbersway same as above

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

I have just checked mine and found similar entries.

One from Barclaycard that has never shown since 2007, but is now showing as defaulted in sep 2007

and a Capital One, that used to be marked AR (arrangment to pay) as I am making reduced payments on it, but now showing as defaulted as from Dec 08 even though the payment are still being made on time.

MINT actually wrote to me saying

We will have to issue a default notice and terminate the account before we can consider accepting reduce payments

So doesn't seem to matter if you pay them or not they still **** your record up

Edited by alfwithhair

yes the 2 hsbc ones are getting paid on every month but they just put a big black D there every month - tossers

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

yes the 2 hsbc ones are getting paid on every month but they just put a big black D there every month - tossers

Correct, I wouldn't mind but the default notice they sent is invalid anyway, doesn't give enough time to rectify it. They terminated the account the month after, so technically only owe them the arrears anyway.

But at £2 a month will be some time before I will have paid them off. I just pay them to shut them up mithering, if they get arsey again, like they usually do ever 6 month, think I will be telling then can't afford anything, take me to court. LOL