Lowell/Red & 2 debts - OD + loan

Azuma
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hey guys,

i thought i had these guys figured out, a whole new ball game now people.

the situation is that

i have already been doing the whole back and forth thing with these losers for a while,

NOW they send me another letter for ANOTHER bill they claim to have taken over, it's this time for a Loan.

it's a weird situation, i suppose giving you the letter verbatum would help in your support, so here goes... ahem:

We have recently had mail that was sent to you returned and as such we have taken steps to confirm your residence.

We have chosen to use the services of a credit reference agency and through various checks it appears likely that you are still resident at this address. As such we believe that you may be trying to avoid contact with us as your creditor.

We now intend to take further action against you in order to recover the outstanding balance, this action could include either, an agent visiting your address to discuss your account at a date to be advised. We also may consider commencing legal action against you.

This outstanding balance is not going to go away and trying to avoid your responsibilities will only make the situation worse.

You can resolve this matter by entering into a repayment plan or settling your account by paying a sum of money as full and final settlement.

Unless we hear from you within 5 working days from the date of this letter (27/07/2009) we will instruct our agents Red Debt Collection Services to take the appropriate action.

Please call telephone number xxxxxxx where one of our agents will be ready to help.

Swhere do i start guys? i'm pretty sure this is stat barred by now, however, the letter just states the original creditor as being barclays bank plc and the amount oweing, NOTHING else :(.

i would also like to mention that all letters that have been sent to my house have been opened and NOT RTS, so this letter is complete bull!

from reading everything on here, it seems they are trying to "scare" me with the big guns (RED) ohhhh... haha.

what do you all suggest i should do with this, if anything at all... if i leave this would it be beneficial? or would you suggest another course of action? any experience and advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks as always caggers!

Az

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fishing letter in my opinion, just ignore it.

The Leeds Losers are that dim that even though you have corresponded with them in the pass, they cannot put two and two together.

Acknowledging the letter only alerts them that you do live there, so they can send more rain forrest destruction through the letterbox.

File under ignore and wait to see if you receive any further garbage from them.

thanks for the advice, it's a pain in the preverbial...

i'm pretty sure this is very close if not SB already.

i'll see what anyone else has to offer in advice before i commit to a next course of action (no offence)

Alf I was thinking the same thing, prob gonna receive a nice letter from Red next :( oh joy! lol

Az

i'm not too sure to be perfectly honest with you,

however i think it was a debt from originally around 2002/3 and not sure when last acknowledgement was :(

no later than 2004 though...

i think ignoring as they are blatantly "fishing" is the best plan, unless anyone else has another view?

*Bump* anyone else got some other ideas?

Az

I agree, you should just ignore them, as they have proved to be untrustworthy and have already lied to you, well their computer generated threatogramme has.

I wouldn't give them the privelige or satisfaction of having gone to all the trouble of printing off numerous letters and then having to pay for recorded delivery...just file under ignore, and keep any other toilet paper they send as evidence.

Definitely report them to the following;

The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

[email protected]

Financial Ombudsman Service

Consumer Direct

Complaints - Privacy & electronic communication - ICO

How to Complain

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

thanks for the advice guys, i'll keep you up - dated as and when this transpires to anything else

have yet ANOTHER letter from Lowell Losers

, can't give you the info right now as i'm at work,

but my girlfriend has phoned saying

"you've got another letter from those Leeds losers" ha, turning her into a Cagger one day at a time :)

Suffice to say i will up - date everyone with the letter once i get home.

Az

It will be more of the same sh!t on Red Debts notepaper designed to make you think Lowells have instructed someone else to chase you for the debt.

They are all Trading Styles of the Leeds Losers

Ha yeah, this should be good!

Keep the envelope aswell,

if it is posted by 2nd class or 'walk sort' then the contents are hardly worth worrying abou

t, if it was that important the very least they would send it is first class..

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I will opt for..

red also. it will be the "we can not understand why you have not re payed the monies that you have already had the benefit of":rolleyes:

be advised that this matter will be placed with the pre litigation team of our legal experts hamptons within 7 days.

big joe table 4:D

SAM

HA! that's hilarious, i'll let you know who is right when i get home, will post it up within the hour!

Anyone else want to hazard a guess as to the contents of the letter? haha :D

Az

will also guess that it is signed by one of the birds:rolleyes:

one of the colours:rolleyes:

or martin ......whatever surname is being used this week

or kevin allmark.

large box of chocs if i am correct!

SAM

as follows:

"In previous letters sent to you it was made clear that unless an acceptable offer of repayment was made, we would take appropriate steps to recover the amount owing.

As you have failed to enter into a repayment plan we may instruct an agent to visit your home to discuss repayment of your account. Unless you make contact with us within the next five days our agent will contact you with a view to arrange a visit Monday to Saturday between the hours of 8am - 9pm.

To prevent the above action taking place you MUST contact us URGENTLY so we can advise you accordingly.

Payment can be taken over the telephone by debit or credit card.

Yours Sincerely,

Andrew Bartle

Chief Operations Officer.

Any ideas on this guys? i'm thinking i need to send the letter refusing to make an appointment etc? let me know if this is a pretty standard scare tactic and what you advise my next course of action should be.

by the way, the letter waqs actually posted from PO BOX 8743, BELLSHILL, ML4 3WU.

it was also sent by TNT post "S" - dunno what this means.

Az

I thought i would post this in a new Thread as my other one is getting a little off topic from the last letter i received.

any help is much appreciate!

the letter is as follows:

"In previous letters sent to you it was made clear that unless an acceptable offer of repayment was made, we would take appropriate steps to recover the amount owing.

As you have failed to enter into a repayment plan we may instruct an agent to visit your home to discuss repayment of your account.

Unless you make contact with us within the next five days our agent will contact you with a view to arrange a visit Monday to Saturday between the hours of 8am - 9pm.

To prevent the above action taking place you MUST contact us URGENTLY so we can advise you accordingly.

Yours Sincerely,

Andrew Bartle

_________________________ ______________________

Any ideas on this guys?

i'm thinking i need to send the letter refusing to make an appointment etc?

let me know if this is a pretty standard scare tactic and what you advise my next course of action should be.

Thanks in advance guys!

Az

Usually they won't send anyone but send this if you want then if anyone does call tell them they have 30 seconds to get off your property or you will call the police

Dear xxxx

Account Ref xxxx

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully/sincerely

thanks for the advice, i will prob just keep the letters in house in the event they do call. Anyone else think this is just a general threat o gram type thing?

Az

So pepople :D

the letter is as follows:

they mean front and back.

As you have failed to enter into a repayment plan we may instruct an agent to visit your home to discuss repayment of your account. Unless you make contact with us within the next five days our agent will contact you with a view to arrange a visit Monday to Saturday between the hours of 8am - 9pm.

BS AS USUAL

To prevent the above actione taking place you MUST contact us URGENTLY so we can advise you accordingly.

advise what the serious outcome if you ignore

still advising to pay a debt with credit card I see:shock:

Yours Sincerely,

Andrew Bartle

andy back on the scene.be afraid very very afraid:rolleyes:

Any ideas on this guys? i'm thinking i need to send the letter refusing to make an appointment etc? let me know if this is a pretty standard scare tactic and what you advise my next course of action should be.

IGNORE,you will get another next week

Thanks in advance guys!

Az

SAM

The Bellshill Glasgow Address is in fact a run down industrial etate. There is a company there whose sole business in life is sending out threatogrammes for the pondlife. Now who gave them permission to handle your data without your express written permission is a matter for concern.

As for Andy B's threats about sending his Licensed Field Agents to your adddress. These are invisible people who may or may not be on the Leeds Losers payroll. They do not exist just like a valid CAPONE CCA,

You have more chance of seeing this man at your door

jimmyc.jpg