You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Wilma Shoozfit

Wils Daughter V Natwest

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4000 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I did a SAR letter for my daughter on 14th June which she printed out and took into a local branch of Natwest in respect of an account she held in another town. She handed over the letter, told the clerk what it was for and her paid £10.00 and got a receipt.

She's looking to claim back bank charges on an account which is overdrawn purely with bank charges. At the time she had the account the only money paid into it was her child benefit, she used it to cover the few direct debits she had. One bounced direct debit sent her on a spiral of charges she couldn't recover from, eventually they were taking all her child benefit in charges. - Single parent 2 young children on benefits. Going into the bank got her nowhere - so she moved her account to another bank but of course the charges on this account are still growing.

This week (5 weeks later) Natwest sent her SAR request back together with a £10.00 note saying they couldn't process her request because they didn't have cash handling facilities. :confused: Is it me?

They are a bank !!!! .......... dealing in cash is what they are supposed to do !! However nothing that the banks do surprises me anymore :confused:

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Oh Good - it's not just me then! :rolleyes:

Time to take a firm hand with them!

Mind I had an account with the Halifax a few years back - I tried to pay a bill there one day and was told by the clerk "We're not a bank, we're a PLC" - So I took out all my money and took it to a real bank.:D

Cheers

Wils

It could be that the department that deals with the SAR's dosent deal with cash.

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

I'll get another letter off for her and send a cheque -and hope they've got cheque handling facilities and can find their paying-in book :)

Thats proberbly your best course of action

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar